New Piebald Owner

androodavid

Hi guys! New Piebald owner, he's an adult male that I kind of got spur of the moment visiting Petco. I know, I know, I try to avoid Petco for animals but they had said he had been there forever and he's the sweetest little thing and seems pretty healthy.

So I brought him home Monday night (I already had an extra 18x24x36 open air and supplies laying around but have a much larger one on the way) and he hasn't really eaten since... At least not that I am aware of.

So! Like I said right now he's in a relatively heavily planted 18x24x36 which I know is undersized and will be remedied soon. Basking area at 90-95, cooler area stays about room temperature and never drops below 68. Heat has been off at night and I've tried to keep to their feeding schedule which is in the morning.
I spray 2-4 times a day and as needed. I got him 3/4 shed and it seemed like he was having trouble with the last section of his tail so I wanted to get him home and in a better environment than he was in at Petco.

Anyway, I know it's normal after a home change for them to be stressed and not really eat but should I be worried at all? That mixed with him shedding could cause it? We have 6 reptiles, a dog, and a fresh water as well as a saltwater reef tank and I'm always a paranoid pet owner. The crickets just seemed to hop around his enclosure until I ultimately took them out.

Thank you!
IMG_20200130_182949.jpg
IMG_20200128_224103_01.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

I need to see more photos...some from the side too! He looks very interesting! Is this your first chameleon?

Beautiful boy! Any chance of some closeups of his limbs? In the one pic, his casque looks a bit oddly-shaped. This might just be the pic, or a genetic fluke, or the sign that he has been malnourished at some point in his development.

Beautiful boy! Any chance of some closeups of his limbs? In the one pic, his casque looks a bit oddly-shaped. This might just be the pic, or a genetic fluke, or the sign that he has been malnourished at some point in his development.

Thanks! It is a bit oddly shaped, it bends a tad to one side. I suggest because he also used to press himself against the top of the enclosure at Petco. At least from what I noticed when we were there before I took him home.

Back
Top Bottom