new photo's

is it a male or female? And how do you tell at such an early age? I am pretty sure mine is female, however i would actually rather have a male because they live longer and have more impressive colors! if you know how to sex them, please take a look at my gallery and give me some imput! thanks!!!

-Marc

Male veileds have tarsal spurs as the picture shows.
osama10m 004.jpg
Females do have some what less color on their body but they are just as bright when they reach adulthood.

Marxous. You are excitable arent you! Sexes are evident from birth, as the males have a "spur" on the heals of their feet.

As far as longevity, what you say is false. Females can have very close to the lifespan of a male, it is the way females are kept that shortens their livespan to a mere couple years or so. For all purposes in caresheets, Female veileds should be described entirely different! Temperature, feeding regiment, and supplements are all different concerning female veiled chameleons.

A new thread should be started to discuss this matter.

---

firecat998, looks great, however I suggest adding in plenty of live non toxic plant varieties to the cage.

Male veileds have tarsal spurs as the picture shows.
View attachment 959
Females do have some what less color on their body but they are just as bright when they reach adulthood.

Im looking for what looks like that thumb or a middle finger right? I can not see one on mine, ao i guess she is a female! nice! thank you for showing me with a photo, it makes things WAY easier!

Marxous. You are excitable arent you! Sexes are evident from birth, as the males have a "spur" on the heals of their feet.

As far as longevity, what you say is false. Females can have very close to the lifespan of a male, it is the way females are kept that shortens their livespan to a mere couple years or so. For all purposes in caresheets, Female veileds should be described entirely different! Temperature, feeding regiment, and supplements are all different concerning female veiled chameleons.

A new thread should be started to discuss this matter.

---

firecat998, looks great, however I suggest adding in plenty of live non toxic plant varieties to the cage.

Thanks for your imput, most of the info i have been getting from caresheets all was different! and now that you say their life expectancy is just as long... well i'll start a new post, and hopefully you can add more wonderful insight!

thank you !

-Marc

Back
Top Bottom