New Parents Seek Advice!

Yoshi13

We are new chameleon parents looking for feedback on our set up that we just finished. It took us 3 solid days but it was worth it for him!

Yoshi is our 8 month old blue barb ambilobe panther. We have had him for 1 week. He has been hand trained by a breeder and has been eating out of our hands though only superworms (about 5 a day gutloaded with calcium, carrots and apples).

We live in a colder climate so we are running an exoterra vivarium which on average we have temped at 75-80 and an average humidity of 70. He has uvb, uva and a basking light at 95. Water drip system and fogger. All living plants.

Again any advice would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20160215_185632.jpg
    IMG_20160215_185632.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_20160215_184652.jpg
    IMG_20160215_184652.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 161
How close can he get to his UVB light? He should be able to get within 18" of the bulb to absorb enough daily UV radiation.

How close can he get to his UVB light? He should be able to get within 18" of the bulb to absorb enough daily UV radiation.

Thanks for the reply. He can get within at least 8" of the uvb at the closest, with another branch that sits more like 12" from the light.
We are concerned about some shaking, though he seems quite strong and we have already started repti-vite, calcium, and d3.

Please comment. Thank you.

What type of shaking u experience with Yoshi....head shaking...body shaking...tail shaking??a video will be great but i be ok with my imagination if u can just explain :rolleyes:

What type of shaking u experience with Yoshi....head shaking...body shaking...tail shaking??a video will be great but i be ok with my imagination if u can just explain :rolleyes:

He Gapes sometimes ( or yawns) then immediately shutters his whole body.
When he walks, he moves kinda back and forth a sometimes a slight wobble. Though I think this is pretty standard. As he is quite strong and active in general.

I will try to get video asap.

Thanks again

Some "wobbling" or shaky movements are a normal attempt to appear like a swaying leaf instead of prey. Yawning and that shudder is pretty normal too.

They also lick before they walk,maybe to taste. N feel who has been there before:rolleyes:
Not all species seem to. My verrucosus always did, especially when walking somewhere new, but my jax and veiled didn't. Some species (probably the lickers) rub their vents on branches; most likely to leave scent for other lickers to pick up, but again, not others.

Last edited:
Not all species seem to. My verrucosus always did, especially when walking somewhere new, but my jax and veiled didn't. Some species (probably the lickers) rub their vents on branches; most likely to leave scent for other lickers to pick up, but again, not others.
I agree with you , I meant to say on the panther chameleons,not all species:)

Back
Top Bottom