new panther chameleon

this is our new panther, named him simba. he is a nosey mitsio.
and a pic of his home 29x29x48

Attachments

• IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 161
thanx

thanx, he seems to be pretty friendly. ate a cricket right off my hand the second day we had him, and crawled right on to my hand and let me hold him. lol.

I would love to see more pictures of this boy. Any chance you are making his cage a little more dense? Looks like he could use a few more plants and maybe some more lighting to be just perfect! :)

I would love to see more pictures of this boy. Any chance you are making his cage a little more dense? Looks like he could use a few more plants and maybe some more lighting to be just perfect! :)

yes we are looking at getting some more plants, thinking he would really like an umbrella plant, and we have a wandering jew but the vines aren't quite long enough yet.

what kinda extra lighting would i put in. he's got a 18" 5.0 uvb/uva, and 150w basking bulb.

yes we are looking at getting some more plants, thinking he would really like an umbrella plant, and we have a wandering jew but the vines aren't quite long enough yet.

what kinda extra lighting would i put in. he's got a 18" 5.0 uvb/uva, and 150w basking bulb.

I just always get nervous those mesh cages block a good amount of uvb... I have heard they don't block much though. Just me being a worrier I guess lol.

I just always get nervous those mesh cages block a good amount of uvb... I have heard they don't block much though. Just me being a worrier I guess lol.

I saw a suggestion to use the 10.0 reptiglo on this site not too long ago. I checked them out and they are for desert herps, but it does say they are good for penetrating mesh. I am wondering if I should try. Jake is always a little more brown in his cage than out. Plenty warm, but his colors make me wonder.

I saw a suggestion to use the 10.0 reptiglo on this site not too long ago. I checked them out and they are for desert herps, but it does say they are good for penetrating mesh. I am wondering if I should try. Jake is always a little more brown in his cage than out. Plenty warm, but his colors make me wonder.

I always use 10.0s on my juvis-adults. I use typically 8.0 or 5.0 on neonates and such.

Back
Top Bottom