New panther chameleon owner

KathyRamirez7

Hi,
My names Kathy an a new mom to a male panther chameleon. His name is Duke. I got him Tuesday. He has issues with back legs I can't figure out. I feed crickets an hornworms. Just want to know if am on right track. Can post photos of setup an him. Using a 75watt bulb but need know Temps aim for. Only held him for pics of the legs. But seems be very angry with wanting to bite. So left him be last two days. He has red an blue to his color. Just want get him setup properly. Avoid any problems down the road. Was interested in a dimmer switch found this one https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Elec...id=1634360897&sprefix=reptile+dimmer+&sr=8-11

Attachments

• 20211012_123417.jpg
    20211012_123417.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 20211014_193959.jpg
    20211014_193959.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 87
I don't know about that product but you'll want his basking temps to be between 80-85°F and you want the lamp off the screen about 4" to avoid burns...they like to climb the screen when they're that young. You can measure the temps with any digital thermometers that has wired probes or even temp guns. I prefer the old school probe zip-tied to the branch under the basking lamp. And i also have my basking lights cycle ON/OFF throughout the day.

As for the back legs, can you be more specific? Is he limping? Or are you talking about that "bulge" on the back of his foot?

Did you buy him? The back leg could be gout or mbd. You should get him to a vet to get him a check up. both gout and mbd are painful. Not sure though it could be a bad angle on the photo. Please give us more info and more photos.

Back
Top Bottom