New Panther Cham, need suggestions!

pinktoots

Hi Everyone! I just got my first baby chameleon, he is 4 months old and I’m still thinking about his name. Would love some suggestions!

This is his enclosure, he will be staying outside because we’re in Florida. He has the little dripper on top, one Fluker’s basking light 60W, and one Reptisun’s 5.0 UVB light. Could you please let me know if you think I’m missing anything or suggestions to create a better environment. I was also wondering what are some signs to watch out for if both the lights are too hot/light? Also, he has been eating 8-12 crickets or silkworms and superworms occasionally. I was wondering if I can just feed him 8-12 silkworms daily with supplements and superworms occasionally? no crickets? IMG_0130.jpeg

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpeg
    IMG_0126.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0127.jpeg
    IMG_0127.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0135.jpeg
    IMG_0135.jpeg
    305.8 KB · Views: 54
I also wanted to ask how I could handle him for the first time? I got him in a container and opened it inside the cage and waited for him to walk on his own. I gave him a superworm as a treat and would love to know where to go from there.

I also wanted to ask how I could handle him for the first time? I got him in a container and opened it inside the cage and waited for him to walk on his own. I gave him a superworm as a treat and would love to know where to go from there.
Theres videos on youtube about how to get your panther chameleon to want to come out but i'll save you some time. Hold your arm out infront of him like a tree branch and hold a bug with tweezers at the end of it so he has to come onto your arm if he wants to eat.

Theres videos on youtube about how to get your panther chameleon to want to come out but i'll save you some time. Hold your arm out infront of him like a tree branch and hold a bug with tweezers at the end of it so he has to come onto your arm if he wants to eat.

Awesome, thank you so much!

Is that an outdoor enclosure??

If it is and gets direct sunlight, he dosent need light.

That cage is extremely bare. it needs to look like a jungle in there.

With only that 1 vine he could die of stress. It should look something like this. Lots of live plants and sticks

Attachments

• IMG_2154.jpeg
    IMG_2154.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 55
Hi @pinktoots. Congrats on your first chameleon!

Curious, did you get a change to add a number of live plants in his cage? Ideally it will be mostly filled up.

It also might a good idea to fill this out and be open to hearing feedback from some of the very experienced members on here.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom