New owner

Chefcarlos

Hello I am a new owner to a veiled Cham. I actually found it crossing the street, I rescued her bought her a new terrarium lights,fogger,water system the works. She eats well I feed her crickets( crickets are dying before I can use them) her tail is damaged it crinkled up a bit I’m assuming a car ran over or it got caught in something. She is very aggressive, how can I tame her?

Attachments

• CCAA8D2A-F66B-483A-9DBE-665BBBACA3A5.jpeg
    CCAA8D2A-F66B-483A-9DBE-665BBBACA3A5.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 24ADB483-7474-4043-83B1-B95166837347.jpeg
    24ADB483-7474-4043-83B1-B95166837347.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 2763BBED-3911-4768-B2C1-A94091789911.jpeg
    2763BBED-3911-4768-B2C1-A94091789911.jpeg
    379.8 KB · Views: 102
  • CB10C82A-B8A6-428D-9A0A-FFC9D0670CE8.jpeg
    CB10C82A-B8A6-428D-9A0A-FFC9D0670CE8.jpeg
    368.9 KB · Views: 111
He is always dark colored worried about him the first photo is the day I foun him on the street
He is extremely stressed which is why he is showing dark colors. Fill out the forum so we can make sure you have proper husbandry so you won't cause more stress for him.

He is extremely stressed which is why he is showing dark colors. Fill out the forum so we can make sure you have proper husbandry so you won't cause more stress for him.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Make
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? None
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? Crickets What amount? About 5 a dayWhat is the schedule? Am pm How are you gut-loading your feeders? ?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Zoo med
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? Dropper How often and how long to you mist? Just got a foggerDo you see your chameleon drinking? No
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Dark and white
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Just got him

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Mesh
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Zoo med
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? 80 degreesLowest overnight temp? 70 degreesHow do you measure these temps?gages
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? Misting/ moderateWhat do you use to measure humidity? Gage
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Fake for now
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? In a room Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? No all vents are closedAt what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? On a shelf
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? Near a window

Attachments

• 4E464647-72F6-4034-BB8B-77A99ACD8BF6.jpeg
    4E464647-72F6-4034-BB8B-77A99ACD8BF6.jpeg
    368.9 KB · Views: 71
It' that little bump on heel in first picture there's so many thing you need to research to properly care for it before you tame it you can start by feeding it with a cup in your hand then just your hand and get him to come towards you they need so many things or will be better off left outside you can try dubia
Dont want to leave it outside I found it crossing a street little guy almost got tanned over. What’s dubia

Dont want to leave it outside I found it crossing a street little guy almost got tanned over. What’s dubia
They are roaches very good feeders easy to breed and care for you really need to search chameleon care sheets on this forum to learn what' needed

Ok thanks for filling that out. Here's a care sheet for veileds: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
You should be feeding more crickets, and you should be dusting with calcium without d3 every feeding and calcium with d3 every 2weeks. You should also dust with a multivitamin every 2 weeks as well. You need to be gutloading your crickets with fresh fruits and veggies, you can do a quick search for what to use. Make sure you're misting multiple times a day. On the last question it wants to know what area you live for example: Central America, the U.K., etc.

Ok thanks for filling that out. Here's a care sheet for veileds: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
You should be feeding more crickets, and you should be dusting with calcium without d3 every feeding and calcium with d3 every 2weeks. You should also dust with a multivitamin every 2 weeks as well. You need to be gutloading your crickets with fresh fruits and veggies, you can do a quick search for what to use. Make sure you're misting multiple times a day. On the last question it wants to know what area you live for example: Central America, the U.K., etc.
U.S

Back
Top Bottom