New owner saying Hi to everyone

Littlelegsbex

Hi everyone!
I’m new here and just wanted to post a photo of my Yemen chameleon Gringo, he’s 3 months old. Very very shy. If he sees me in the front room he hides in his tank. I love to watch him but he’s not keen on me looking. He seems very different with my boyfriend and seems to like him more. Lots of patience and giving him time to settle in to his new home. Keep trying to hand feed but he disappears in to the leaves and hides.
Hopefully with time he will become a bit less shy. Here’s a photo of him.

Attachments

• 4213D6AB-E5B0-44AE-A70E-B07BD54D37F0.jpeg
    4213D6AB-E5B0-44AE-A70E-B07BD54D37F0.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 205
  • EF26BBBF-D667-4C8E-966E-F5BF8F38F7CC.jpeg
    EF26BBBF-D667-4C8E-966E-F5BF8F38F7CC.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 188
Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of shared knowledge here. Check out the care sheets for proper care and husbandry. Where did you pick up your new boy?

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of shared knowledge here. Check out the care sheets for proper care and husbandry. Where did you pick up your new boy?

Hi Mike
Loving the care sheets and information! My boyfriend and I are just hand feeding as we want to make him more comfortable and tame. We didn’t realise that handling loads would cause stress so now we are just waiting for him to approach us and get more confident.
We brought him from a pet shop in Snodland in Kent called “petaholics”.

Welcome to the board and welcome to the wonderful world of chameleon servitude. He is young and should get used to you without doing anything special. In the meantime, he is getting enough to eat. you can try something very tempting like silk or XS horn worms. If he is willing to be hand fed, they will do it. Otherwise, give him a month or two.

My quick tips...
Live plants
Varied feeders
Gut load feeders
Look at the poop (end should be white, not yellow) for dehydration.
UVB- linear tubes are better.

Details on all this info can be found in the care sheets but just ask if you cant find something. This is by no means a complete list, just a few things I think a lot of new owners overlook.

Hi everyone!
I’m new here and just wanted to post a photo of my Yemen chameleon Gringo, he’s 3 months old. Very very shy. If he sees me in the front room he hides in his tank. I love to watch him but he’s not keen on me looking. He seems very different with my boyfriend and seems to like him more. Lots of patience and giving him time to settle in to his new home. Keep trying to hand feed but he disappears in to the leaves and hides.
Hopefully with time he will become a bit less shy. Here’s a photo of him.
glad to have another brit on the forums:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom