New Owner Question

the female dancing or rocking is a sign that she is bothered by the male..ushe is either gravid or just "not in the mood" and with her acting aggresivly she could be in turn streesing the male out...as for the temps..for jacksons i usually keep them at 72 or so ambient day temp..and as for nightime, it wont hurt jacksons to go down to 60 at night with no heat..they are bred out side and are wild in hawaii..as for "dusting" its a method used by keepers to "shake n bake" the crickets to coat them with calcium (put a few crickets in a bag, then put just a quarter of a teaspoon of calcium , then shake the bag to coat the crix)..good luck

She isn't gravid and she doesn't do it to the male - She did it when I mist or sprayed and the male wasn't near her.. still the same thing?

i remember a post by one of the pros on here talking about the "stages" his chams would go through when beeing misted..at first hate it, then shake, then start to accept it and walk around drinking..maybe just a misting reaction...eitherway sounds like yer doin good

good luck with your mini dinosaurs!!

Back
Top Bottom