New Owner, Next Steps to Improving Enclosure?

Hey all,

I've recently come to have a female veiled chameleon, a friend had to travel for work and asked if I would take her. She wasn't being cared for very well at all, besides the addition of a laybin which I put in immediately with a live plant, you can see in the photo how she was living before coming to me, and her supplementation/feeding/UVB was very wrong as well. Luckily a member reached out to me and talked me through a bunch of things on the phone and we were able to get her on the right path.

I've since gotten her a larger enclosure, a linear UVB bulb (kept the coiled one because I figure it can't hurt), horizontal perches, a digital humidity/temperature gauge, a couple of live plants, and all her proper supplements/feeding schedule.

I was mainly wondering what else I can do in terms of husbandry to keep her happy and healthy. I know she's much better off now than she was, I just want to do everything I can to make sure she has the best life possible! I've posted some general info below, let me know if there's anything else I should add.

Female veiled chameleon

2 years old

5-7 mid sized crickets every other day

Use the fluker's orange just because she came with a bunch, but I always have fresh fruit/veggies in both the gutload and main cricket keeper (an orange right now)

Calcium every feeding, calcium+d3 and a multivitamin once every 2 weeks (alternating)

2'x2'x4' enclosure

12" Linear UVB and a coiled UV (know it probably doesn't do much but figured it can't hurt, she came with it and I bought a new bulb before knowing how pointless the coils were)

60W basking light, 85F at her closest point to it

Humidity from a mister (have a fogger I want to set up for overnight too), about 70% at night and 30% during the day

I have a plant growth light and a smart power strip coming, was going to set up her UVB/Basking/Misting schedule like this:

UVB/Mister on at 7am, basking on at 7:30am

Basking off at 7pm (I know normally you turn it off earlier, I'm living in northern Canada though and it gets chilly in there without it on), UVB off at 7:30pm, mist at 7:30 pm, mist at midnight

Thank you for any ideas/recommendations to help make her the happiest little chameleon in Canada!

newest enclosure.jpg
old enclosure.jpg

Back
Top Bottom