New owner & new enclosure - Feedback welcome

Gingero

Neptune the Chameleon
Site Sponsor
Hi fellow chameleon lovers. I’m planning on getting a male panther chameleon in September and want to make sure my 24x48x48 enclosure is good to go. Feedback welcome.
241C6126-4693-47B1-92D3-F2EBC80E536F.jpeg

Nice job with the live plants. It's good they have time to grow and fill in before you get your panther.
Can't tell from the picture is your UVB bulb linear or compact?

looks nice. if your plants don't fill out more by the time you get him/her you can always throw some fake vines in there to give him/her some more hiding spaces and shady areas. all in all not bad. Wish more people prepared instead of getting it on a whim

looks nice. if your plants don't fill out more by the time you get him/her you can always throw some fake vines in there to give him/her some more hiding spaces and shady areas. all in all not bad. Wish more people prepared instead of getting it on a whim

Ooh good idea. That’ll be an easy fix. Thanks! I’ve watched lots of videos, read a lot of forum posts, listened to podcasts, and have asked lots of questions haha. If I’m going to do this, I want to do it right :)

Is this the Large dragon strand? And where’d you get the background?! Looks great

Yup. This is the large dragon strand. The background is just a waterfall poster print glued to a PVC board. It came from the previous owner so I’m not sure where they got the poster from. Here’s a better look at it:

Attachments

• E31BEC0A-17B7-444D-9EE4-FDAB34691C3C.jpeg
    E31BEC0A-17B7-444D-9EE4-FDAB34691C3C.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 57
Hi fellow chameleon lovers. I’m planning on getting a male panther chameleon in September and want to make sure my 24x48x48 enclosure is good to go. Feedback welcome.
View attachment 212084

I found with my new cham (in my care for a little over 3 weeks now) it would have been better to have vertical and horizontal highways for the cham to climb around in. He quickly found many routes to move around in, but I think I learned a lot in how I'd set it up next time and you can't go wrong with more branches and vines for them to crawl around up/down as well as literally around at one level...if that makes sense. I'll try to find a good pic of what I'm picturing in my head to give you a better idea for what I might do better next time.

Back
Top Bottom