New owner help :)

AwpsAhoy

Hey all, i have a baby veiled all set up in his cage with everything he needs. My question is about crickets....I have lots of small brown crickets that he loves to hunt for, but I dont feel safe leaving them in the cage with him. I put about 6 in there to start with today to see how he does, and he ended up catching all of them eventually. I know everyone has mixed opinions about leaving the crickets in the cage at night, but would 1 or 2 stray crickets left in at night do him harm? There is alot of foliage inside his habitat and it makes them nearly impossible to find without stressing my baby out! Is it safe to leave some sort of cricket feed at the bottom of the cage to flush them out?

Hey all, i have a baby veiled all set up in his cage with everything he needs. My question is about crickets....I have lots of small brown crickets that he loves to hunt for, but I dont feel safe leaving them in the cage with him. I put about 6 in there to start with today to see how he does, and he ended up catching all of them eventually. I know everyone has mixed opinions about leaving the crickets in the cage at night, but would 1 or 2 stray crickets left in at night do him harm? There is alot of foliage inside his habitat and it makes them nearly impossible to find without stressing my baby out! Is it safe to leave some sort of cricket feed at the bottom of the cage to flush them out?
Usually baby crickets don't bite, but if you want to be safe you could cup feed him and maybe let 1-2 out in to the cage so he has an opportunity to hunt.

never had any issues leaving 1 or 2 small crickets in the cage with a young cham. better than digging thru the cage stressing him out. having them escape and spook your mom in the bathroom at 2am is a different story haha.

What does cup feeding require? Today I took a small plastic container and dusted about 6 crickets and just set it in his enclosure for him to hunt. Is this okay?

What does cup feeding require? Today I took a small plastic container and dusted about 6 crickets and just set it in his enclosure for him to hunt. Is this okay?

Find a way to hang the cup up off of the floor of the cage. Place it under his basking spot or other fav. hang out spot. I used a S hook in the side of a Solo cup and hung it on a vine. Worked great. I have since moved up to a 1/2 gal milk jug feeder. ( search on here to find directions and even a video on how to make one. super easy) Hope this helps...:D

I will try this out tomorrow when I feed him again :). My last question is if it is safe to put some sort of cricket feed in there just to be safe about the crickets biting him.

I also cup fed the gave you good info. I like cup feeding a lot better you know what they eat and don't have to worry about leaving any in there or cleaning out dead crickets

Back
Top Bottom