NEW Owner: Boy or Girl

blatallic

Good Evening Gents and Ladies,

I've adopted this chameleon from my brother in law. She was orginally kepted in a glass enclosure. I've purchased a screen cage since then and totally updated her enclosure. I need to know her gender and age so that I can place a bucket with sand in her enclosure. Please help.

20140523_152238.jpg

20140605_124645.jpg

20140620_075538.jpg

IMG_20140519_040301.jpg

Hi, if you see a spur on the back of the back feet you have a male. First pic i would guess without seeing the back of the feet male but the last two appear to be female. Possibly a egg heavy female or a chameleon bloated with air.

I strongly suggest that you read this if you care about the well being of your chameleon. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/chameleons/

Many things need to change with the current set up.

Thank you for your assessment. Here's a picture of her from behind... If she is a female, approximately how old and is it to late to place a bucket of dirt so that she can lay her eggs... I'm guessing shes around 8 months.. based on what my brother in law told me.

20140621_125841.jpg

Yes, I read the article and I changed her setup completely, my brother in law had her in that small enclousure. Here's her new setup.

20140620_074808.jpg

So it's safe to say that she's a girl. I placed a bucket with sand in the bottom of her enclosure... I hope its not to late for her to try to lay her eggs... shes not been eating much for about 10 days.

Back
Top Bottom