New move 5:30 and sleeping already

If this is the cham who has been recently treated for coccidia, then it is not so surprising.

I would make sure, via another fecal that he is now cured completely.

If this is not the one who was recently treated, then a fecal exam is still a wise idea just to be safe.

You are correct. I got another fecal done after his treatment and according to the vet, Alby is supposedly clear and tested negative for coccidia. Surprisingly though, he is eating even less than before which is very troubling. I am still working and getting his larger cage with new clean plants up and running in the next couple weeks.

Well, coccidia do their damage to the digestive tract, so Alby may still be recuperating physically.

You may want to feed him some nutritious Phoenix Worms aka black soldier fly larvae.
These have lauric acid in them which studies have shown promotes healing and fights coccidia .
Just google " coccidia lauric acid " and you'll find a some.

They're wiggly, so they can help temp Alby into eating more.
I buy them direct from the phoenix worm store so they're the freshest possible.

If the fecal was done a couple of weeks ago, you can always get another done for peace of mind.

The fecal was done last Thursday. He seemed to like soldier fly larvae, so I'll definitely go ahead and get some more of those as per your suggestion. Thank you kindly lovereps. My cham was in his sleepy spot at like 1 pm today. Got him to eat 1 mealworm in the past 3 days.

The fecal was done last Thursday. He seemed to like soldier fly larvae, so I'll definitely go ahead and get some more of those as per your suggestion. Thank you kindly lovereps. My cham was in his sleepy spot at like 1 pm today. Got him to eat 1 mealworm in the past 3 days.

You're very welcome.
It sure sounds like he is unwell.

Does he close his eyes during the day or is he lounging with his eyes open?

Back
Top Bottom