New Mom doesn't look good.

JoeG

She is a Jacksonii & gave unexpected birth about 11 days ago & seems to have stopped eating. At least I haven't seen her eat or will she hand feed anymore. She went from 22 grams prego to 16 the day after, & yesterday she was just 12 grams. Is there anything I can do to stimulate her appetite ? She is very weak.

Have you tried blue bottle flies? She might even take some of those FFs you have for your babies. I have also had females go quickly down hill after dropping or laying a clutch. It seems sometimes they just try to fight long enough to drop or lay the clutch.

Have you tried blue bottle flies? She might even take some of those FFs you have for your babies. I have also had females go quickly down hill after dropping or laying a clutch. It seems sometimes they just try to fight long enough to drop or lay the clutch.

Sounds heroic on her part if its true, she had me fooled.She looked & acted normal before she laid & ate for a day or two after & now she seems to be getting weaker. I wasn't too worried till today she was leaning at her basking spot more than usual this time with her eyes closed.

Lost her today. Cainscham you were right. It was gutwrenching watching her slip away so fast. She looked fine 2 days ago & then divebombed really fast..

Back
Top Bottom