New mistking

aguallo123

I just ordered my starter kit mistking yesterday and it should arrive here tomorrow!

Are there any helpful hints on how to set it up or where to place it or any other plumbing precautions I should watch out for?
Also, what time intervals should I let it run at? I was going to set it to spray 4 times a day for 5 minutes. Is this enough for a panther chameleon?

EDIT - never mind, looks like I'm wrong. See below.

I'm brand new here, and have a Mist King on the way as well. So we will be learning together. I think you want to shoot for more like 30-60 seconds, 4-5 times a day. Five minutes seems way too long.

Last edited:
I'm brand new here, and have a Mist King on the way as well. So we will be learning together. I think you want to shoot for more like 30-60 seconds, 4-5 times a day. Five minutes seems way too long.

No, no, no. 5 minutes is great. Especially for their morning misting session. 30-60 is way too short, if keeping chameleons in screen. They need misting sessions each to be at least 2 minutes long to properly stimulating their drinking response. Please make sure to read up on this, for the sake of your chameleon.

No, no, no. 5 minutes is great. Especially for their morning misting session. 30-60 is way too short, if keeping chameleons in screen. They need misting sessions each to be at least 2 minutes long to properly stimulating their drinking response. Please make sure to read up on this, for the sake of your chameleon.
Thanks, I had read differently and will refrain from offering any advice until I know what I'm talking about! :)

How much water does a mist king use per day if i set it to those settings?

Back
Top Bottom