Troia

First off, I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I am a new member here, I have always liked chameleons and have kept a few in the past including Carpets, Jacksons and Flapnecks. My question is has anyone seen flapnecks lately? I really enjoyed them and had a couple females that laid eggs unfortunately the eggs died and then the chameleons died a year later. I have been wanting to work with them again but I have not seen any for a long time I got mine back in 2017. I have a disability so I apologize for any grammar errors. Thanks for taking the time to read this, my name is Alex

Hi there, welcome to the group Alex. I can't speak on this species but I'm sure someone else on here could. No need to apologize for any grammar issues we all type sloppy here. :)

First off, I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I am a new member here, I have always liked chameleons and have kept a few in the past including Carpets, Jacksons and Flapnecks. My question is has anyone seen flapnecks lately? I really enjoyed them and had a couple females that laid eggs unfortunately the eggs died and then the chameleons died a year later. I have been wanting to work with them again but I have not seen any for a long time I got mine back in 2017. I have a disability so I apologize for any grammar errors. Thanks for taking the time to read this, my name is Alex
Hi Alex, welcome to the forum. We are a pretty good bunch here so don't be a stranger.

"You Know, I Learned Something Today." — Kyle Broflovski

First I've heard of that group of subspecies! Though I haven't found yet how they got that (flap-necked) designation.

I have a disability so I apologize for any grammar errors.
Welcome Alex. Your grammar is probably better than mine right now, and I worked as an editor for ten years. ;)

From 4/22/20
I saw BackWater reptiles has hatchlings [Parson's] for $199. I was almost tempted.
But I know nothing about them as a company.
I'm pretty sure (above) you were just relating—not endorsing(?)
I see them come up quite often, but my gut tells me they're of similar ilk as Underground?
reviews backwater reptiles

Archives seem to be plentiful with both.

From 4/22/20

I'm pretty sure (above) you were just relating—not endorsing(?)
I see them come up quite often, but my gut tells me they're of similar ilk as Underground?
reviews backwater reptiles

Archives seem to be plentiful with both.

OH yes just noting I saw not recommending.

I have thought of some of these species that we see time to time. My first thought is always 60% change of die off. Count on treating for illness, It will have some.

Thank you all I have come across that website a number of times. The issue for me is I know there is a very good chance they come in sick but what are my chances of not getting ripped off? When i bought some in 2017 they came from the third common website that is the one not listed above. I do not know the rules on naming websites so if someone would enlighten me on that I would be grateful.

The issue for me is I know there is a very good chance they come in sick but what are my chances of not getting ripped off?

:confused: There's a difference? ?

When a vendor professes a health guarantee, then doesn't honor it, I'd consider that being ripped off.

Most reviews I read with a grain of salt. I once had a business, and I know there's the occasional "Customer from Hell" so it's important to hear/know both sides of a story. Sometimes you can learn more from consumer watchdog sites like BBB where you can get at least parts of both sides. Also if you can find local news stories about a business with controversies & issues.

:confused: There's a difference? ?

When a vendor professes a health guarantee, then doesn't honor it, I'd consider that being ripped off.

Most reviews I read with a grain of salt. I once had a business, and I know there's the occasional "Customer from Hell" so it's important to hear/know both sides of a story. Sometimes you can learn more from consumer watchdog sites like BBB where you can get at least parts of both sides. Also if you can find local news stories about a business with controversies & issues.

I meant more along the lines of sending money and getting nothing in return

Thank you all I have come across that website a number of times. The issue for me is I know there is a very good chance they come in sick but what are my chances of not getting ripped off? When i bought some in 2017 they came from the third common website that is the one not listed above. I do not know the rules on naming websites so if someone would enlighten me on that I would be grateful.

If you are asking on a technical lever.

You can have 1 website store or 100 all with different names.
You can also sell third party from your website. Meaning I ordered through your sight, but the product was actually packaged and shipped by someone else.

So one company or person could have several sites all selling the exact same thing from the same person.

I believe LLL does this.
But probably all the big ones do it. When you see something uncommon like say "Flap Necked" on more than one site they are likely coming from a distributer.
This is not bad per say, but not every one is up front about it.

Back
Top Bottom