New male baby veiled chameleon

JaneaB

I recently ordered a baby veiled chameleon online through flchams.com He was over night shipped and I recieved him Tuesday morning. He is 6 weeks old, I have been feeding him crickets, as well as mill worms his cage is 3ft tall and 2 ft wide, plenty of foliage and branches for him. He has a heat light as well as the uvb light it is the two in one zoo med. I am misting twice a day and I drip for about ten minutes in the morning then again later on in the afternoon. He has been sleeping regularly for the last three days. Wakes up around 6 am and goes to bed around 6 pm. His lights are on for 12 hours a day. He seems to be getting comfortable in his new surroundings. Still terrified of me but I wanna give him some time before I even bother hand feeding him. He's very active, crawls and climbs a lot. I'm new here so any tips, or feedback you can give helps.

Congrats...

I would try to mist more. every veiled i have ever had... was thirsty to say the very least. I would also try to drip more... you can try a few ice cubes in a cup with a thumb tack hole in it...or a big dripper. have you got a temp and hygrometer? The warmer you keep them, the thirstier they get...

We like pictures... lol.

Baby veiled (new)

Thank you so much. Yes I figured the misting and stuff would
need to be more often. I will be buying a dripper soon as well as a misting system.I do have a thermometer. The hottest area his basking spot is usually between 89 and 92 and the rest of his cage is around 79. I check on it regularly throughout the day. He was very very light green when he arrived but he's been more of greenish brown the last two days. When he's getting ready to eat he starts changing all types of colors. He seems
Actually pretty content haha. I'll keep posting pics and things. Thank tou for your help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 157
Thank you so much!!! I'm excited I absolutely love him... Already
And yes quite a character I might add, haha he's feisty, very territorial of
His new home which is a good thing I hope.
I will def read up thank you for the help.

I got my baby veiled from fl chams a week ago too ! Hes also 2 months old very active chameleon.Only problem is he scared of me , once i get close to his cage he always goes to the back of the cage so i wont see him.:(:(

I also got my veiled from FL Chams a few weeks ago! It's like a little family here :)

We have a dripper that drips all day and a mist system that automatically mists a few times a day. He's still a little afraid of us but seems to be coming around. A few days ago I started putting the crickets in his tank by hand to get him used to me. We haven't held him since the day we got him but hopefully he will let us soon.

He had his first shed today which was pretty neat to watch!

New baby veiled

Awesome guys I'm glad to hear yours are doing so well, yes I agree very scared at first I felt so bad haha he was terrified of me. He's really
Starting to come around seems to be getting more comfortable with us. Please keep us updated.i hope the best to you and your new family members

Back
Top Bottom