New light

Ramrod

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi all, I am switching to a 48" quad fixture with single reflector and 6500 bulbs. Does it matter in any particular order the placement of an arcadia 12%
Bulb in the fixture? Enclosure is 24" deep 48" wide and 72" high open 3 sides and top. 1/4" wire.
Thanks

Yes placement matters... Does your reflector edges curve around the outside of the bulb on the length of the sides? If so placement would be in the outside edge position due to the bulb utilizing this edge of the reflector. If your pulling the quad toward the front of the cage then the farthest spot away from the front is the placement you want so that it runs across the middle of the enclosure.

Yes placement matters... Does your reflector edges curve around the outside of the bulb on the length of the sides? If so placement would be in the outside edge position due to the bulb utilizing this edge of the reflector. If your pulling the quad toward the front of the cage then the farthest spot away from the front is the placement you want so that it runs across the middle of the enclosure.
Thanks, I thought that is what I had read in previous threads but not sure. Makes sense as to get benifit of reflector. Happy New Year

For the maths.

If you use one of the inner 2 bulbs for the UVB, uvb will drop 60%.

If you use one of the two outer bulb spots, UVB will only drop 40%.

If you are only using 1 UVB and 3 6500k, id sport for the 12%/10.0 because you will be losing around half your output.

Now if your quad has 4 individual reflectors, its like having 4x the light output. With a quad with a mono reflector, 4 bulbs is only 250% brighter than 1 bulb in a single.

For the maths.

If you use one of the inner 2 bulbs for the UVB, uvb will drop 60%.

If you use one of the two outer bulb spots, UVB will only drop 40%.

If you are only using 1 UVB and 3 6500k, id sport for the 12%/10.0 because you will be losing around half your output.

Now if your quad has 4 individual reflectors, its like having 4x the light output. With a quad with a mono reflector, 4 bulbs is only 250% brighter than 1 bulb in a single.
Good info tks

Back
Top Bottom