New Light patches on cham

Bethriches

Hiya this is Kya, my new female Yemen, I’ve had her a few months now and today these patches have appeared this morning and seemed to have spread quite a lot over the day, does anyone have a clue what this could be? Much appreciated

Attachments

• E730D9FA-E28C-42BD-B910-5273BCE734D0.jpeg
    E730D9FA-E28C-42BD-B910-5273BCE734D0.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 90
Hiya this is Kya, my new female Yemen, I’ve had her a few months now and today these patches have appeared this morning and seemed to have spread quite a lot over the day, does anyone have a clue what this could be? Much appreciated

Attachments

• E12FBF40-D4B9-4133-AC19-A957703A35A9.jpeg
    E12FBF40-D4B9-4133-AC19-A957703A35A9.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 47
I don't think the light marks are a problem. If you put your hand inside the cage as close to the basking light as you can, do you feel like you want to move it away?

Do you have a lay bin IN her cage? Looks like she will need it soon.
I have her basking light set very low, around 26/27, as I was recommended to turn it down as she was showing signs of being receptive, I have a large plant pot of playsand in there for her, does she look like she’s ready to lay?

Please test the light the way I suggested anyway...just to be safe.

She looks like she could be getting close by her size...but it's hard to tell. if you have/keep a laybin in the cage then hopefully she will use it and all will go well.

She looks like she could be getting close by her size...but it's hard to tell. if you have/keep a laybin in the cage then hopefully she will use it and all will go well.
Okay I’ll have check when it’s back on :) , just to make sure, could it be from her lamp then?
she has been looking quite round recently, I’ll keep an eye out, I’ve had the laying bin in there for a few weeks and she hasn’t showed much notice, will she start showing interest when she is ready? Is there any signs I can look out for?

Okay I’ll have check when it’s back on :) , just to make sure, could it be from her lamp then?
she has been looking quite round recently, I’ll keep an eye out, I’ve had the laying bin in there for a few weeks and she hasn’t showed much notice, will she start showing interest when she is ready? Is there any signs I can look out for?

Attachments

• C4ADBCAB-1D8B-4545-91DD-AF8FAB9EC683.jpeg
    C4ADBCAB-1D8B-4545-91DD-AF8FAB9EC683.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 58
May I ask, how did you find out the sex of your chameleon?
For veileds, males have little spurs on the back of their back feet, and females do not. Males also have more pronounced bars (stripes) than the females. I'll show you a picture of my males spurs on his back feet.
20201213_151259.jpg

See the "toe" poking off the back of his back foot? That is the spur you are looking for.

For veileds, males have little spurs on the back of their back feet, and females do not. Males also have more pronounced bars (stripes) than the females. I'll show you a picture of my males spurs on his back feet.
View attachment 289280
See the "toe" poking off the back of his back foot? That is the spur you are looking for.

Attachments

• 5E5D093A-7481-4442-82F8-D613F94564EC.jpeg
    5E5D093A-7481-4442-82F8-D613F94564EC.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 45

Hello, I checked her lamp and it’s not uncomfortable to have my hand near, the patches have spread more today

Back
Top Bottom