New light ordered today!!

pgr7

Avid Member
Kind of pointless post but stoked about it so figured I'd lay it on out there,ordered my dual t5 ho 24" fixture 6% and 6.5 bulb combo from light your reptiles. Todd was very helpful and quick to respond. Can't wait to get it set up.
I'm all about providing stellar lighting, my led system is from nano box reef. ;)

Kind of pointless post but stoked about it so figured I'd lay it on out there,ordered my dual t5 ho 24" fixture 6% and 6.5 bulb combo from light your reptiles. Todd was very helpful and quick to respond. Can't wait to get it set up.
I'm all about providing stellar lighting, my led system is from nano box reef. ;)

Dont you love Todd? haha I have the tropic blaze t5 with 6% and plant bulbs also and my chameleon loves it so much. His colors have never been brighter and he is so much more active. Take some before and after pictures of the brightness levels just so you can see haha enjoy the new lighting system!!!

Dont you love Todd? haha I have the tropic blaze t5 with 6% and plant bulbs also and my chameleon loves it so much. His colors have never been brighter and he is so much more active. Take some before and after pictures of the brightness levels just so you can see haha enjoy the new lighting system!!!

Most certainly will!

Todd with LYR is awesome! I have to agree, he was extremely helpful, prompt and made sure I had the correct fixture for my custom set up. Can't say enough positive things about Light Your Reptiles and Todd!

Todd with LYR is awesome! I have to agree, he was extremely helpful, prompt and made sure I had the correct fixture for my custom set up. Can't say enough positive things about Light Your Reptiles and Todd!
Definitely agree,very helpful and prompt. Can't wait to take that dim t8 off lol

New to all of this but do you guys prefer the T5 linear over the compact? If so is there a performance/health benefit or jut better light blending?

New to all of this but do you guys prefer the T5 linear over the compact? If so is there a performance/health benefit or jut better light blending?
To be honest my only experience with t5s was a couple years ago with my reef tank and they are a really good option for growth and coloration in corals. But,never dealt with t5 in a reptile enclosure. So I went with what I stated above simply from looking at different expierances from hobbyist mostly,a bit of the science and overall cost. The dual t5 just seemed to be a good upgrade over current light. If you're considering them I'd recommend em based on previous experience in a reef setting (totally different color temperature like 14-20k lighting. Or really blue. Lol.

The t5 will give you a more even distribution of available light over a compact which will give more of a concentration focused in one area. So again linear is better distribution over the tank.

Back
Top Bottom