New light from Light Your Reptiles

Video Master

So I just got my delivery of the 24 dual T5-HO. It includes a 6% Arcadia UVB bulb and a 6.5K plant bulb. This thing really puts out the light and it blows away the 5% ReptiSun bulb and the Local Hardware plant bulb. A big thanks to Todd at Light Your Reptiles for a great product and very quick shipping as well. From everything I had read about the Arcadia and the ReptiSun bulbs I decided to switch and go with a bulb that was putting out better light and UVB for my little one.

Once I put the plants back in the cage I will post up some new pics of the enclosure. I had modified the enclosure with a better drainage system so I had to take it all apart.

My little panther guy is coming the week of the 15th so I am finishing up all the fine little details and I wanted to give a good cleaning to everything that was in the enclosure running in the ecosystem. Everything has been good for the last few months so I know that I am good to go when he gets here.

So I just got my delivery of the 24 dual T5-HO. It includes a 6% Arcadia UVB bulb and a 6.5K plant bulb. This thing really puts out the light and it blows away the 5% ReptiSun bulb and the Local Hardware plant bulb. A big thanks to Todd at Light Your Reptiles for a great product and very quick shipping as well. From everything I had read about the Arcadia and the ReptiSun bulbs I decided to switch and go with a bulb that was putting out better light and UVB for my little one.

Once I put the plants back in the cage I will post up some new pics of the enclosure. I had modified the enclosure with a better drainage system so I had to take it all apart.

My little panther guy is coming the week of the 15th so I am finishing up all the fine little details and I wanted to give a good cleaning to everything that was in the enclosure running in the ecosystem. Everything has been good for the last few months so I know that I am good to go when he gets here.

shucks, thank you, I appreciate it!

and send me pics of the little guy when you get him.. or post them here.
:)

Cheers,
Todd

Here are some pics of the lights you two are talking about....

:eek:
the mods may *spank* me for showing off my pics....
but I just get SO excited. :eek:

I can't help it because a daylight 6.5k bulb and a good UV HO t5 is a hard to beat COMBO for satisfying BOTH great plant growth AND the UVB needs of the reptiles.

I use them myself!

Thank you so much!
Todd

OH
PS...
That happens to be an anole tank in my office in the pic that has a 36" one on it.
Its not a cham set - up...
so don't be bustin' on me about Chams in glass.
LOL
I figured I had better make that point & I just wanted to show how it can simply set on top of any screen top enclosure. :)

And this pic is a good one to illustrate how the lighting in the enclosure SIMULATES the natural daylight streaming in the window....

See how close the light looks to the natural sun-light light?

This is a great comparison pic to illustrate how close we can get inside artificial light to Mother Nature. :cool:

Attachments

• tropic blaze labeling 1.jpg
    tropic blaze labeling 1.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 022 double lit.jpg
    022 double lit.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 155
  • anolis allisoni tank with a 36 inch dual ho t5.jpg
    anolis allisoni tank with a 36 inch dual ho t5.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
This is a 7ft tall setup with a 4ft long arcadia and a 6500k. Believe it or not the baby cage has a 2ft T8 reptisun on at the time...

Attachments

• arcadia small.jpg
    arcadia small.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 416
I am really amazed at the output that this 24" dual bulb combo puts out. It is so much brighter than the dual T8's that I had before and I even borrowed a UVB meter from a friend and the output is so much better as well. So glad I made the switch.

Back
Top Bottom