New Jacksons

Grizz

Hello, just got back from reptile expo. I got a male jacksons from brad ramsey. it is soo little compared to my veiled. having said this i am thinking the enclosure i have is too big. what is the proper size for juvie-adult jacksons? also do they eat plants?

Yeah they'll munch on the plants some - I think all chams do at some point in time. My boy didn't munch on them too much though.

If he's little - I'd go with something around 18x18x24 - give him plenty of opportunity to get around to find his food. You'll be able to transition him to your bigger cage later if you want.

Haven't kept jacksonii yet but I have heard they prefer hibiscus blossoms over any other plants.

You can keep your tiny guy in a 5g critter keeper, then move up to a 20g once he's juvie, then a tall enclosure 3sides solid, front+top screen. Since he's small, gives you time to construct your own. Make sure you figure out a drainage solution as jacksonii like to be sprayed a lot.

thanks. he is in 18" round 36"tall right now. i am getting ready to go to lowes to get the stuff to make a new cage with drainage tub(18X24X30). then i can hook up the mist king. has anyone free ranged a jacksons? I put him on a large scheff while i hooked up his dripper. he looked very happy.

Hello, just got back from reptile expo. I got a male jacksons from brad ramsey. it is soo little compared to my veiled. having said this i am thinking the enclosure i have is too big. what is the proper size for juvie-adult jacksons? also do they eat plants?

my veiled is massive, close to 22". i think brad said the jackson was 7 or 8 months old.

Back
Top Bottom