New jackson pair

I just got my jackson pair today
They are not together
I got them from btpets.com
The only problem is the we're shipped in a Tupperware container in a box no heat pack or cold pack and no insulation there was a stick for them and holes
Can anyone tell me what subspecies they are
I can't figure out how to put more than 1 pic so ill add more
And this pic is upside down

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 157
Picture of male. The white stuff by his leg is poop from when he got shipped I didn't want to pull it off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 126
Anybody know of a way to have a dripper drip into a container at the bottom and have the water go back up into the dripper so it circulates?
Any advise would be helpful

Anybody know of a way to have a dripper drip into a container at the bottom and have the water go back up into the dripper so it circulates?
Any advise would be helpful

Unless you can be sure that no feces, dead feeders, or other debris falls into the dripper container or you run the recirculated water through a bio filter this isn't a good idea. It's also going to be a lot of trouble to set up. You would need an extremely tiny pump to handle what is probably going to be a small volume of water, the pump would go dry if the dripper slows or clogs (and they do!), and the dripper reservoir on top of the cage would need to be pretty big and heavy to move enough water for most pumps.

Drippers are meant to supply direct drinking water, not over all cage humidity. A healthy cham in the correct humidity levels doesn't need to drink a lot during the day, so most dripper capacities will be enough for that. To keep your cage humid you should rely on lots of live foliage, auto or hand spraying aside from any drippers you run.

I'm going to put screen over the container
What I need is a small pump that is strong enough to push the water to the top of the cage
Any ideas?
I'm still trying to figure stuff out for making it work
Thanks for the pointing out the problems I never thought about them

I'm going to put screen over the container
What I need is a small pump that is strong enough to push the water to the top of the cage
Any ideas?
I'm still trying to figure stuff out for making it work
Thanks for the pointing out the problems I never thought about them

That's going to be your problem...a pump strong enough to lift the water that far will want to move a LOT of water at once, and I suspect the volume in your dripper or the container won't be enough to keep it from constantly running dry and burning out the motor. Really, I wouldn't bother trying. If you want to offer dripping drinking water for a longer period than the typical dripper can offer, get an auto misting system that runs off a bucket reservoir. Then you'll have to deal with the drainage.

I'm going to look into a misting system
What kind do you prefer?
Also should I just let the poop on him fall off on its own? It's dried up on him now

What kind do you prefer?
Also should I just let the poop on him fall off on its own? It's dried up on him now

I have an older Rainmaker Jr setup that's worked fine for years, but many other members use Mist Kings and Aquazamps and love them. Check the forum sponsors for more specific types as I haven't used them.

I think you could either pick him up and gently rub it off with a wet cloth, or if you don't want to handle him just mist his hip area well with warm water so it falls off on its own.

What kind do you prefer?

Well everyone seems to love a good MistKing. I personally haven't had one but this is the mister I have. http://www.amazon.com/Terra-Monsoon...words=exo+terra+monsoon+rs400+rainfall+system I'm not sure why a MistKing would be better than this but this thing works great and is a little cheaper and has free shipping. As far as the poop goes, I'm not sure. I guess if it hasn't fallen off by tomorrow, you should take it off yourself.

Back
Top Bottom