new home

JerryandDahlia

Hi I am nearly finished building a new terrarium
Just tossing up ideas on the interior
Does anyone know anything about Calci Sand Substrate??

Use nothing! That is the easiest. You certainly do not want to use rocks of any kind-too small and they can get eaten, too big and you are going to have a heck of a time cleaning poo out of them. Using organic soil is something alot of keepers are doing, but with this you have to really think about drainage in order to prevent a soupy mess. NO SAND!

Use nothing! That is the easiest. You certainly do not want to use rocks of any kind-too small and they can get eaten, too big and you are going to have a heck of a time cleaning poo out of them. Using organic soil is something alot of keepers are doing, but with this you have to really think about drainage in order to prevent a soupy mess. NO SAND!

well when i first started designing this i was thinking organic soil, so i have made the bottom out of perforated mesh and made a drip tray for it to sit in, but I was having second thoughts and was considering building a false floor and keeping the plants in pots so was just after something to cover the false floor I make?

Back
Top Bottom