New here

Stang808

Hi all well I'm new to raising a Cham and am learning new things about raising them. I recently found a Jackson chameleon. I live in Hawaii. Well my first question is that is it okay to use a 60 watt light bulb for a basking light for now. Next week is wen I get paid and am lookn to but materials for a cage to build. What is a good website to order from And what else would I need.

Hi all well I'm new to raising a Cham and am learning new things about raising them. I recently found a Jackson chameleon. I live in Hawaii. Well my first question is that is it okay to use a 60 watt light bulb for a basking light for now. Next week is wen I get paid and am lookn to but materials for a cage to build. What is a good website to order from And what else would I need.

First things First, i suggest a couple of pictures of her in every angle .
Also since you live in Hawaii is most likely w.c ( Wild Caught ) so if you can give us more background on her and how you got her that would be great! :D Also the " how to ask for help " form is a great way to be organized on every detail you can give us, so i highly recommend you filing that form.

Now to your question's

A - I think she's most likely to be a Jackson xantholophu ( But again i could be wrong, until you can prove picture's and more background ) Only reason i say this is because Hawaii has large colony of them

B - lIght bulb : She needs uvb ( SPECIALY if shes wild caught i recommend some natural sunlight, leaving her cage where half her cage the sun is hitting it. while the other half is not so it can provide her with shade ) i recommend reptisun 0.5 works great & i recommend anything lower than 40watts am currently using a 14watts to keep a temperature btwn 75-80'f
& she seems to be loving it , she's a Jackson xantholophu imported from Hawaii just likes yours! :D

Wish you the best of luck, please do wait untill a old time ( senior ) can better assist you. Im just still learning but i hope this helps if you have anymore question's please p.m me & ill give you name to a really cool guy in here that's very wised when it comes down to this specious

cnt wait to see your pictures!:cool: wish u the best of luck ;)

the watt depends on the chams basking heat so i.e if its so hot in hawia you might need a lower temp. look up their basking heat and just mess around with the different watts

opps sorry didn't see where u said u found her, still am interested in her background wild caught don't do too well keep in a cage since they grew up by natural sunlight all their life still wish u best of luck with her

in my personal opinion i wouldn't had take her from the wild, there's a big chance she's also pregnant.

Well She is actually a he so no problem of him being pregnant lol. I've always wanted one but since it's illegal to ship chameleons, snakes and stuff I had to catch one in the wild. I'll post some pics on here wen I get a chance to get to my computer.

Back
Top Bottom