New help

Pearl1561

I recently adopted a female veiled chameleon on 3/31/20. I do not know her age (about the size of my hand tho) and have only handled her when I was transferring her to a new cage. I have a 5.0 UVB, and a 40 watt blue light set up and a drop system as well. She has not had any thing to eat or drink since I got her ( 3 days ago) and she seems to be getting weaker. I have offered crickets as that was her previous diet but she was not interested. I was thinking on picking up some wax worms or meal worms. Any thoughts?

Not eating is okay especially when she’s moved to her new home. You need to figure out what bugs she likes most. It’s important that she drinks water every day!!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Please post some photos of her.

Colored lights are not recommended. For basking you can use a regular incandescent household bulb of a wattage that produces the proper basking temperature.

Please answer the questions in this thread so we can check on your husbandry...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/
I’ve tried a 60 watt ecosmart incandescent bulb but it did not provide very much heat

to encourage her to drink you might want to set up a dripper. You can use a deli cup with a tiny hole in the bottom of it so it drips at the rate of one or two drips per second.

Regarding eating...how big are the crickets? You could try letting some loose in the cage.

I have a dropper set in place but she has not gone near it, her previous owner had just a sitting bowl of water. Food wise I have offered medium crickets.

I would definitely add a lay bin....ooaque bin...12" X 10" X by 9"...filled almost full of washed playsand moist enough to hold a tunnel but not soaking wet.

Back
Top Bottom