New hatching panther chameleon dying?

Jinesis

I have a new hatchling and it hatched alive cause it wasn’t by the shell but it’s not moving at all :( I saw the tail move a bit. Any suggestions? Under light, no light… it’s moist and on a damp napkin in a container…. I don’t wanna give up on it … his tail twirls eventually when I straighten it idk if that means theirs hope

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 14
I did take it out of its container was I not supposed to? I put it in another container 😩 it started last night and this morning he was out laying there in the incubation container not moving so I got worried and put him in a different container on a damp paper under UV light. But no difference

Was it up and walking around when you took it out off its container? You didn’t help it out of the egg, did you?

No so when I woke up he was obv still in the incubation container he was a little bit away from the shell so he was def alive when he came out. No I did not help it out the egg. Last night I saw it starting to crack very little and this morning it had hatched. It was laying there not moving so I moved it to another container and under a UV light

Connect with me on Instagram. Walt’s chameleons. I might be able to help you out. This may be very normal, but the more you mess with it the more harm you may do.

Under uv all day is it ok if I shut it off over night?
Definitely no lights at night. What temperature is it where you moved it too?

I wouldn’t have moved it until it was up and walking around everywhere.
As was said…the more you mess with it the more harm you might do. They often don’t move when first hatched.

Definitely no lights at night. What temperature is it where you moved it too?

I wouldn’t have moved it until it was up and walking around everywhere.
As was said…the more you mess with it the more harm you might do. They often don’t move when first hatched.
😩

Back
Top Bottom