New guy here. 1yr Cham Onwer. First Enclosure View

adamjdavis1992

Hey everyone. really happy to be part of this online group now. love this site. I have owned my Cham Randel since Feb 2016 and he has got big now. love him. All perfectly healthy and well. Took about 3 months to start loving me. I handle him everyday. he absolutely loves me now. he used to headbutt my hand at first when i used to go near him with my hand. he very much lets me know when he wants to come out (climbs on mesh at enclosures front) and if i put him down he goes to the same location every time... for some reason he like behind the tv hanging off the HDMI cables. we lost him once when he escaped when he was young, the mesh wasn't taped with secure enough tape for him to climb on and he must have got out during the day. the HDMI cables are where we found him after 45 mins of searching everywhere.

I didn't want the standard mesh enclosure as I prefer a more realistic enclosure and discreet enclosure design. Mine is nice, but I will be doing better soon, and making is look like real jungle with realist vines and moss e.c.t..

He is now 1 year old. he has Arcadia UVB + UVA 100w bulb approx 6-7 inches away from peak heat. humidifier that runs from the back.I take him out and disinfect the whole enclosure with a spray down once a month with reptile clean spray. the enclosure is tall so optional lower temps to go down to when he wants. Little reptile large cycling plant dripper with fresh water every 2 days i do. now an adult, he weighs a constant 100 grams. I feed him mario worms now as the main diet. which is fine with efficient gut-loading and calcium rubbed on them 1-2 times a week. And the occasional wax worms (his chocolate). He used to eat locust mainly up to 7 months old. but ever since one bit him on the tail he won't touch the things anymore, he is scared of them! His weight has remained the same on this diet for about 4-5 months now so I'm more than happy. no compaction or any of that crap people spit out just to show they know something. Well hydrated, constantly water supply, feeds from hands, loves me, and fine with other handling. would be the perfect party pet!

Basically, I know what I'm doing and love him and he loves his mansion playboy lifestyle. I like to know everything about a animal before I buy them. unlike a lot of new chameleon owners i seen on here asking simple questions after owning one for about 2 months or something. what a bunch of buttholes they are!

Anyway here's years pics from Feb until now...
Live devils Ivy & Benjamin ficus (umbrella plant). So the enclosure looks even more wild nowadays.

Attachments

• IMAG1064.jpg
    IMAG1064.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMAG1125_BURST014.jpg
    IMAG1125_BURST014.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMAG1390_1.jpg
    IMAG1390_1.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMAG1417.jpg
    IMAG1417.jpg