New Green Tree Python...any thoughts?

Rachgreens

A few months back i got a GTP, that didn't work out to well. I bought him from an expo and his health wasn't in great shape.
I just got this new Sorong 4 year old female and was just wondering if anyone with GTP experience had any thoughts about her so i could catch any problems in advance.
And so far she is doing very well, adapting to her new home, and ate her first large rat pup last night...this picture was taken right after

My uploader isn't working very well...its only letting me add this bad quality photo, but i will add more later tonight.
thanks in advance

Attachments

• TIA.jpg
    TIA.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 143
Well, I would say the main thing to consider is her history. What do you know about her? Was she captive bred and born in the US? If so, there's probably not too much to worry about. If she is a farmed import, especially a recent import, I'd take her to a vet for a fecal and, probably even, a blood test for parasites. Probably not a bad idea, either way, actually. If she was a cbb in the US animal and free of parasites, I'd expect a pretty much problem-free animal.....just don't get bit!

Like Kent said have a vet check for parasites. Keeping the humidity up for proper shedding and defacating.Also don't overfeed as they can be prone to prolapses. She looks pretty good from what I can see. Good luck.

Thanks for getting back so fast...
she was farmed (he said in the US)...which i don't understant
and has been at switzer reptiles for 4 months since then

she was on a once a week feeding but since she is a mature female i think im going to switch to every 9-10 days

Kevin seems like a good guy, but from what I've seen, all of the animals he sells are imports. Especially the green trees. It looks and sounds like she's doing fine, but I would HIGHLY recommend a vet visit to check and treat for parasites, considering her size, age, and history. Although Indonesia "technically" allows only 2nd generation or more captive bred gtps to be exported, she could very well be a wild-caught breeder that the "farm" decided to let go. I put the term farm in quotations because many are nothing more than holding facilities for wild-caught animals, from what I've seen/heard.

Back
Top Bottom