New free range

mgebbie

I decided to make Thorium a free range for when I come home from work. The last few days he's realized that when I come home he gets to come out and "play." However, instead of playing and exploring he goes straight to sleep at the top! At 6 pm...two hours before bedtime! He's about 8 feet off the ground up there making it quite difficult for 5' 6" me to get him back to his cage. Little booger:p

Attachments

• IMG_0475.jpg
    IMG_0475.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 173
I decided to make Thorium a free range for when I come home from work. The last few days he's realized that when I come home he gets to come out and "play." However, instead of playing and exploring he goes straight to sleep at the top! At 6 pm...two hours before bedtime! He's about 8 feet off the ground up there making it quite difficult for 5' 6" me to get him back to his cage. Little booger:p

Cool idea! I honestly may do a free range similar to that, thank you for the idea!

Can you post a picture showing the bottom of your free range? I like how it is setup and may try that myself at some point, if the bottom works and my cham won't escape.

It's actually just a trellis from lows (~$10) with some fake vines from Jo-Ann's fabrics (~$20). I used two small wooden brackets to hold the top with zip-ties. The bottom is free-hanging because the top is so sturdy.

It's about three feet from the floor. You can always put it up higher too. Thor never likes to be below us, so he goes as high as possible. I think it'll depends on your chams personality.

It looks good. It doesn't take allot to make them happy. They are very sound sleepers. You could just let him sleep there unless you have a cat or something that could get to him.

Back
Top Bottom