New foster

pitdorks

Here are a few pics of our new foster Veiled. Unknown age, unknown where he came from - he was left at the front door of a petstore. He has a list of medical problems already which are going to take a while to work out. He is dehydrated and underweight, had 4 abscesses that needed to be lanced and drained (culture is pending) - three of which are on his head and have bone involvement, he does have osteomyelitis in the jaw which has resulted in him only being able to mouth about a quarter of the normal amount and he also cannot shoot for food as he can't get more than the tip of his tongue out of his mouth. He has numerous areas of burns along his body. He has early MBD as well. He does also have coccidia, but that is the least of our concerns at this point.

His rehab will take a while, but our vet feels with aggressive treatment we should be able to get him back to an almost normal state. He is a tough little guy though - has been really outgoing and social with us, is really great about being handled for the meds and treatments and has been awesome about trying to eat everything we give him.

We're still in need of a name for this guy - I am horrible at naming, so help is always appreciated!

Attachments

• injuredchameleon_001_4-11-09 (Small).JPG
    injuredchameleon_001_4-11-09 (Small).JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 168
  • injuredchameleon_002_4-11-09 (Small).JPG
    injuredchameleon_002_4-11-09 (Small).JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 140
  • injuredchameleon_007_4-11-09 (Small).JPG
    injuredchameleon_007_4-11-09 (Small).JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 135
  • injuredchameleon_008_4-11-09 (Small).JPG
    injuredchameleon_008_4-11-09 (Small).JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 142
  • injuredchameleon_014_4-11-09 (Small).JPG
    injuredchameleon_014_4-11-09 (Small).JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 163
other than his health problems he's gorgeous. This is going to cost you tons of money. But proud of you for helping this poor creature.

Looks like you got him on a road to recovery, and seems to be in terrific hands, i wish you and the little guy the best luck in the world

Mamoichi = under one wings. (its a pun on a 1 winged angel)

How about plain out "Lucky", lucky he found his way out of the home he was in and into the care of a good keeper!:) Good luck with his speedy recovery.;)

-Jay

Isn't it amazing that he looks so good in spite of all his challenges? What a will to survive! You really have to like and admire a chameleon like that.

He's been through so much, and more to go- I say "Trooper" would be a good name. Good luck and cudo's to you for taking care of him!:)

Last edited:
How about plain out "Lucky", lucky he found his way out of the home he was in and into the care of a good keeper!:) Good luck with his speedy recovery.;)

-Jay

I'm with Malicious... Lucky is nice, basic, and speaks to his situation. Of course, I might consider naming him after a favorite movie character as well. Perhaps, Indiana? :)

yea i agree lucky is good!! he does have pretty colors despite his health issues!1 Sunny would also be good!! for the yellow he has!

Kudos to you for taking him in!!!

:D:D:D:D

I agree as well as admiring such a person to take on his rehab. Bravo as a single tear rolls down my cheek...

I agree! It just made me cry to look at those pictures. I just don't understand how anybody could let that little guy get in that condition. I will be pulling for him and hope to see some updated pictures of his progress.

And the winner is...

I ran all the name suggestions by my hubby to see what he thought. As we went though them all, he decided that there was one name that fit quite well. So, congratulations to Dave for naming the new guy Lancelot!

As for a quick update - 1 week into treatment, we are seeing a lot of improvement. He's active and outgoing, eats and drinks great as well. The abscesses are healing up well, he's in the middle of a shed right now, his weight is up and his hydration status is much improved. I will post updated pictures from time to time as he heals up!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'm not good at naming at all and I am not creative at all, so I always need help with it! :)

Lancelot, what a great pun, and name.

I'm glad he got into great hands. I hope he gets through this just fine.

I had a dog named Buster that fit the name well, always getting banged up but always happy and bouncing back. Lancelot is a great name and you'll always remember what you did to get him healthy!

Back
Top Bottom