New female Panther Cham

Benton1576

Hey all,

Thanks for reading.

OK, I bought a female panther cham for my male and was wondering, how can i tell for definate that she is in fact a green body blue bar ambilobe? My male, George, is turning out to be a real stunning Cham. he is 5 months old now and showing some awesome colours. I bought a 3 month old female today to pair them off and do some breeding when they are both old enough. I just want to know for sure that i bought the correct female to breed with. I dont want to cross breed my chams, im too much of a purist if you know what i mean.:)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Also, the brother of the female is a fairly good indicator of the genetics you pass along. Although since bar color can change from blue to red, you don't always know for sure. However it's not too often when the bar color changes, so the brothers are usually good :)

Also, the brother of the female is a fairly good indicator of the genetics you pass along. Although since bar color can change from blue to red, you don't always know for sure. However it's not too often when the bar color changes, so the brothers are usually good :)

granted that when you buy a sibling your garuanteed to get the correct female but, isnt that inbreeding? surely this isnt be a good thing. anyway, i have already bought the female and i know she is not from the same bloodline. the dealer here is 1 of the best in europe so i guess i should just rely on his expertise and accept that what he sold me is in fact a blue bar female. thanks for the reply.

Inbreeding is indeed to be avoided, but pssh isn't suggesting you cross the female with her brother - only that, if you can see what her brothers look like and if they're green body, blue bar, the odds are your female is also green body blue bar. If several of her brothers have these traits, that suggests that both parents had them, and passed them along to their daughter.

Inbreeding is indeed to be avoided, but pssh isn't suggesting you cross the female with her brother - only that, if you can see what her brothers look like and if they're green body, blue bar, the odds are your female is also green body blue bar. If several of her brothers have these traits, that suggests that both parents had them, and passed them along to their daughter.

why didnt i see what she was getting at, duh! lol. thats a great idea. thanks pssh! thats why shes a senior member! haha

Back
Top Bottom