New feeder troubles

Just got a new feeder but I think it may be hard for him to find the dubias being that they’re always hiding in corners... I would totally recommend it though, it’s from shooting gallery they’re really cool :)

Attachments

• 2BDFA903-3743-4F10-9063-014270023D16.jpeg
    2BDFA903-3743-4F10-9063-014270023D16.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 131
@Beman or @ChamLB can you help the OP with the Dubia? Is that vine right in front? My Cham will look in mine I have a branch right in front that’s pretty close. I don’t have a pic I can post at the moment...

@Beman or @ChamLB can you help the OP with the Dubia? Is that vine right in front? My Cham will look in mine I have a branch right in front that’s pretty close. I don’t have a pic I can post at the moment...
After posting I was thinking once I get home I can either just raise it so he can see the top and I also just got a new cage so once I finish setting that up I’ll try to place some bamboo sticks right on the middle (-:

Just got a new feeder but I think it may be hard for him to find the dubias being that they’re always hiding in corners... I would totally recommend it though, it’s from shooting gallery they’re really cool :)
Do you have a link for these

I wonder if I'm having the same issue with my camo feeder run? The 1/4" dubia hide in the bottom of it smashed up against the front inside of it.

I wonder if I'm having the same issue with my camo feeder run? The 1/4" dubia hide in the bottom of it smashed up against the front inside of it.

I find it's easier to "hand" feed dubias -- but I do understand you're in the early stages of trust with your cham. If I leave them in the feeder run (I believe I have the same one as you) they will eventually get eaten but if I feed them out of a clear deli cup from my hand I find I can give the cup a shake and flip the dubia over so it's little lets wiggle and then that grabs the attention of Mona.

Man --- keeping chameleons is pretty savage sometimes!

Ive not had much luck (or trust) with feeder runs. I cup feed dubia... and if Im in a rush then the cup goes in the cage pinned between stuff so it doesnt tip. Far too many escapes from the feeder runs - including finding an escaped adult dubia in my kitchen

So Beman loves his and nothing escapes this one in the large size... So get the large it is meant for larger feeders. Ok @Lincolntowncar You need a stick or something that sits level with the bottom. Beman will pretty much crawl into his to go after the feeders. One thing I like is that if one crawls up to the top corner it's not hard to flick it off the screen to get it to drop lol. But I do have a stick that come up from the bottom at more of a horizontal angle for him.

Back
Top Bottom