New Family Member (:

I finally got a new reptile!

He is pretty common and is known to be outside in FL. He is a Green Anole !

A long time ago i had caught one of these and one day i went to Petco to buy it crickets...and they had a chameleon in stock at the store. That's what started my obsession wit chameleons :D

I am proudly able to say this is a captive born Green Anole.
There aren't MANY by where i live so my friend gathers wild ones, breeds them, gets eggs, hatches the babies and lets them go outside so we can see plenty of them around us outside. Surprisingly we are starting to see more! :D

Anyways...my friend gave me his adult that he raised from a baby ! I find them very interesting and am once again a proud owner of one. Enjoy the pictures !

tg.jpg

kkk.jpg

hh.jpg

gggk.jpg

g.jpg

I have wanted to do this for a while, but I never find them anymore. I have been thinking about breeding the brown ones, but I don't know if I will. Just something to do.

LPR08

Yea for some reason years ago the green anoles were so common around where I live now I hardly ever see them. I was thinking about doing the same thing so I can see more of them.

anoles

Yea for some reason years ago the green anoles were so common around where I live now I hardly ever see them. I was thinking about doing the same thing so I can see more of them.

They were plentiful in S.Fla -long time ago..Do they still have them there in the wild? Nice lizard.

They were plentiful in S.Fla -long time ago..Do they still have them there in the wild? Nice lizard.

They are not so common these days. The Brown Anole from Cuba and the Bahamas is an invasive species and put alot of pressure on the Green Anole and they have since probably been pushed to to other areas or just can't compete with the other species. At my house its all Brown Anoles and maybe once a year I see one treu Green Anole.

They are not so common these days. The Brown Anole from Cuba and the Bahamas is an invasive species and put alot of pressure on the Green Anole and they have since probably been pushed to to other areas or just can't compete with the other species. At my house its all Brown Anoles and maybe once a year I see one treu Green Anole.

Same here! Darn you brown anoles :p

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I really hope to find him a mate in the future and help bring more green anoles into this world.

I see more at reptile shows than outdoors :)

I think I might pick up a pair from a show if I see them, should be able to get both for like $5?

LPR08

I see more at reptile shows than outdoors :)

I think I might pick up a pair from a show if I see them, should be able to get both for like $5?

LPR08

I would be shocked if they were more money!

They are very docile and so fun to watch.

Nature and Animals will always be a huge part of my life and future career.

Nice lizard Stefan, congrats, love the sleek look of the head. :)
Out of curiosity, what became of the one you rescued? Did it recover?

Oh well, you cant win them all mate! This one looks great, they're a neat lizard, I wish we could get them here! Very cool Indeed! :)

Handsome fellow! My first lizard was an anole - a gift for my 11th birthday. No wild anoles in Minnesota where I grew up, so she had to come from a petstore.

Wow you have a friend who breeds them and lets them go, AWESOME!!!
I love green anoles but there are getting very hard to find in S.FL. If your friend needs a new place to free them, you can let them go in my yard. Ive only seen a few around my house the past 2-3 years.

I used to have one as a pet when I was younger too. My neighbor caught it for me when we first moved in because he saw me running around catching the brown ones all the time. I always cycled through the brown ones I caught - feeding, holding them, caring for them for a few weeks and then letting them go to replace with another one with a cooler looking pattern or what now. But I always kept my green anole, Chester, he was the permanent resident of my lizard palace. :D I ended up letting him go after I'd had him for a quite a few years. They're very neat!

I wish i can just find him a female! If any one in FL can find me a female and doesnt mind shipping it to me....i would be very happy with you :D

I wish i can just find him a female! If any one in FL can find me a female and doesnt mind shipping it to me....i would be very happy with you :D

I see them every now and then at my parent's house. Next time I'm there and I see one I'll attempt to catch it for you. Attempt being the key word there...I haven't "lizard hunted" in years. lol

I see them every now and then at my parent's house. Next time I'm there and I see one I'll attempt to catch it for you. Attempt being the key word there...I haven't "lizard hunted" in years. lol

Lol i have a net to catch lizards with but i dont really see anoles around my house.

Update

Hey everyone. I got another male today from my friend and then i managed to find him a girlfriend today outside! So i now have 2 males and 1 female. They don't all live together though.

Pictures tomorrow :D

Back
Top Bottom