New family member

Miss Machine

Yesterday I picked up my second but first pantherchameleon. He's a three month old male Ambilobe Red Bar. I called him Karel, that's a typical Dutch name.

It's a fierce little boy. He already bit me a few times haha. Even my boy Pete wasn't this fierce when he was this age! It really surprised me!

I hope Karel gets really big and awesome red!

Kareltje%20003.jpg

SNV10581.JPG

Ah! Netherlands! I wish been there, just hanging out at a "coffee" house in Amsterdam checking out the mildness thc on a blueberry strand, you know slight kick with a smooth head flying simulation and peace of mind, numbness...Oh right, nice looking cham...;)

@Eltortu: Well, come on over! You'll like it here ;-)! Then I move to Cali! I like it more over there.

Karel, I'll name him K over here, is doin' fine. He is verrrry shy and tries to hide immediately when he sees me. Is this normal for a young panther? I remember my little Pete wasn't that scared of me!

(I have to say that it's a pity, when it comes to the Netherlands, everyone always brings up Amsterdam. I can tell you, we are a small country but there are places that are much more fun than Amsterdam! So if you have the opportunity, come on over and see for yourself...;-)

Ok, back on topic again :)

(I have to say that it's a pity, when it comes to the Netherlands, everyone always brings up Amsterdam. I can tell you, we are a small country but there are places that are much more fun than Amsterdam! So if you have the opportunity, come on over and see for yourself...;-)

Well, show us the way!...

Ok guys, I got K last sunday. Is it normal for him not to eat? I'm pretty sure he drank today. Daily I mist two times heavily with warm water. He has two large plants in his terrarium. A large Schefflera and a large Fig. Lots of hiding and climbing space. He is housed in a glass terrarium, 48"H x 24"W x 24"D, screen top, wide ventilation vent on the low front side. Lighting I use is a Powersun 100w.

I keep offering him small size dusted crickets but, nothing, not interested. Not even in a small waxworm. He is also very, very scared of me. When I approach him, he doesn't hesitate to bite me. And he bites hard for the tiny thing he is! I experienced this anxiety at first with my Pete, but he ate almost immediately when I housed him in his new terrarium.

Is this just because of his new environment? I'm beginning to worry about him not eating. He's just a baby ;-(

Can't tell from the picture, but how often do you misting? Take a look at his stool, if it shows some orange he needs more water. If it is white he is not dehydrated...

im no expert but if one of my chams is not eating i make sure to remove all bugs for A day or so.If that doesnt work I get A diffrent bug for them. they get board with the same bugs all the time. 3rd that repitaid stuff Will get them hunting in no time.

Thanx for the replies! I have him since last sunday, so less than a week. I'm misting 3 times a day with warm water, for a couple of minutes. I'm offering him small crickets and small grasshoppers..who are gutloaded. Some in a feeder cup, some free ranging. He is provided with all the needs, so I hope it's just that he needs to adjust to a new home
;-). But it's hard for me to not bother him, he's sooo cute!! But I will, to keep his stresslevel as low as possible.

This morning I looked at K. But I noticed that his skin is like, crawled up. So that is maybe also a sign of dehydration..

I just cannot control my worries about the little one. I don't think it's a good idea to force him to drink... It's just so hard to leave him alone.

Back
Top Bottom