New enclosure.

ChameleonNerd

It's actually a bird cage, but it seems to be perfect. This enclosure is temporary until around christmas. Open to suggestions.

Attachments

• IMAG0154.jpg
    IMAG0154.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 158
  • IMAG0155.jpg
    IMAG0155.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 141
its okay for a while but some feeders may escape or some other bugs that you don't want may get in.

IMHO it is too small... Even a female veiled needs a proper enclosure of about 2'x2'x4'... Could do with 18"x18"x36".... But that is REALLY small and will definitely stress her out... JMHO

Doesn't look took bad.... If the veiled is small enough it will do... Or you can get another bird cage to combine or even a glass terranium for the bottom and place that bird cage on top.... Do what you can and as lOngthe temps and watering/feeding/lighting are good ... I don't see why not... some chams like smaller space.... Ive seen it

Might want to consider raising up the heat bulb so she can't burn herself. The gaps in the cage screen look wide enough for her to do this.

Setup all looks good, but my female veiled is smaller and has 6 times the space.......she explores it all..........I know it's only temporary but Christmas is a ways off - why not get her somewhere with more room sooner?

When I first started out chaming I used this type of setup for years and it worked quite well especially if you get wire cutters. I would go on craiglist and get them real cheap. The reason I moved onto screen lllreptile type cages was A. I started to make money and B. When you have crickets in your walls on different floors of your house chirping you realize a lot more insects are getting lose than you originally thought! LOL:)

I used a bird cage when Napoleon was a baby. I learned on the first day just how small an opening they can squeeze through, so watch that. XD

Looks pretty small, I believe if you can't afford a new enclosure until christmas maybe you should wait until then to get the chameleon. I spent a few months getting my enclosure setup properly before puchasing a chameleon.

How's old your Cham? The cage looks way too small for him/her. As they get bigger they require MUCH more room when they are younger. He looks a little cramped up in there. Just making a suggestion, you Chams health can suffer if he is not in the proper surrounding. I sould suggest if you don't want to buy one just make a cage about 2x2x4 at the minimal. The higher you can make the cage the better, they need a huge amount of space to climb.

Back
Top Bottom