New enclosure

Uri

Avid Member
8F10B782-36C5-41DE-9C5E-386EFAA26A3B.jpeg
So I’ve finally finished his new enclosure any advice? The basking temp is reaching the desired 82 and humidity is fine he immediately went to sleep(it’s his bedtime) when I stuck him in his new enclosure. It’s a zoomed 2x2x4 with dragon strand ledges hydration mount and drainage tray big improvement from my old enclosure any suggestions changes? Fake plants are being used but after a few months they will be fully gone I also wanted to add a ficus but couldn’t find Any. Before anyone says anything I did elevate branches higher for basking since that picture was taken and used a tape measure to make sure he’s 6 inches away from it all

Attachments

• 6FE77171-9E7D-4D8F-8520-5F14A68188B2.jpeg
    6FE77171-9E7D-4D8F-8520-5F14A68188B2.jpeg
    218.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 83603894-5120-4076-94D1-56303AA754B0.jpeg
    83603894-5120-4076-94D1-56303AA754B0.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 84
The dual fixture contains 2 different led plant lights I have a t5 ho 5.0 uvb bulb and a 38 watt halogen flood light for heat

The dual fixture contains 2 different led plant lights I have a t5 ho 5.0 uvb bulb and a 38 watt halogen flood light for heat
Do you have a night bulb bc it kinda looks like it and you don’t want that. They need nothing at night unless below 50

View attachment 305444So I’ve finally finished his new enclosure any advice? The basking temp is reaching the desired 82 and humidity is fine he immediately went to sleep(it’s his bedtime) when I stuck him in his new enclosure. It’s a zoomed 2x2x4 with dragon strand ledges hydration mount and drainage tray big improvement from my old enclosure any suggestions changes? Fake plants are being used but after a few months they will be fully gone I also wanted to add a ficus but couldn’t find Any. Before anyone says anything I did elevate branches higher for basking since that picture was taken and used a tape measure to make sure he’s 6 inches away from it all
Great job. You may get some flexing in your screen since you do not have vertical branch supports between the top and bottom ledge. The weight of the pots can cause the ledge to flex and then this warps your screen. Also if the pots are only attached at the top with zip ties watch these closely. Typically you want multiple attachment points to balance the weight and ensure the zip ties don't break dropping the pot. Bill shows in this article how to properly attach so that weight is balanced and all the weight is on the frame. https://dragonstrand.com/getting-the-most-from-your-dragon-strand-dragon-ledges/

What is the actual distance from the branches below the UVB lighting and what strength bulb are you using for UVB?

Great job. You may get some flexing in your screen since you do not have vertical branch supports between the top and bottom ledge. The weight of the pots can cause the ledge to flex and then this warps your screen. Also if the pots are only attached at the top with zip ties watch these closely. Typically you want multiple attachment points to balance the weight and ensure the zip ties don't break dropping the pot. Bill shows in this article how to properly attach so that weight is balanced and all the weight is on the frame. https://dragonstrand.com/getting-the-most-from-your-dragon-strand-dragon-ledges/

What is the actual distance from the branches below the UVB lighting and what strength bulb are you using for UVB?
I wish I saw that before I did zip tie some branches but not all the uvb is a t5 5.0 zoomed bulb I’ve had it for a total of 2 months I believe it is exactly 6 inches away from the nearest branch which he uses to bask I used a tape measure to make sure when setting up the enclosure before moving him in

I wish I saw that before I did zip tie some branches but not all the uvb is a t5 5.0 zoomed bulb I’ve had it for a total of 2 months I believe it is exactly 6 inches away from the nearest branch which he uses to bask I used a tape measure to make sure when setting up the enclosure before moving him in
Yeah I am sorry. I always post it when I see threads where they bought dragon ledges. Even if you hooked in verticals toward the front of the ledges and cross latch them with zip ties it will help support and reduce screen flexing.

So with the T5HO single bulb fixture and a 5.0 bulb you would actually want 8-9 measured inches to the branches below it. This will put the cham in an approximate 3 UVI zone. Otherwise with it closer they are getting too high of a UVI. If yours is a measured 6 inches to branch then where the cham is rising up is significantly higher UVI level. To correct this raise the fixture 2-3 inches off the top of the cage. This will give the distance you need.

Reactions: Uri
Yeah I am sorry. I always post it when I see threads where they bought dragon ledges. Even if you hooked in verticals toward the front of the ledges and cross latch them with zip ties it will help support and reduce screen flexing.

So with the T5HO single bulb fixture and a 5.0 bulb you would actually want 8-9 measured inches to the branches below it. This will put the cham in an approximate 3 UVI zone. Otherwise with it closer they are getting too high of a UVI. If yours is a measured 6 inches to branch then where the cham is rising up is significantly higher UVI level. To correct this raise the fixture 2-3 inches off the top of the cage. This will give the distance you need.
Thank you I have a wire rack ready for this and it’s no problem I should’ve asked first before installing but it is what it is now

Back
Top Bottom