new enclosure

So he will have the nails to pull out bc it’s not a “proper” setup like you said but I should stop ranting. A lot of people say hammocks and twine are good for chamd

Uhhhh....

If its an improper setup, then it should not have hammocks or twine, or screen, the nails will catch on those things. As an aside, ive been called on for beardy issues, and have had the poor things with zero rocks to wear down the nails, and the poor things just constantly walk around on the carpet getting their nails caught during "yard time" and the owners didnt think anything was off.

If there is enough hard sticks etc to wear down the nails, they wont develop the hooks that catch on said screen/hammock/twine.

PS. I have had a dog grooming business in the basement for the last 30 years. Ive had plenty of "we dont know how feefee ripped her nail out" yet all the rest of the nails are way too long and developed hooks. We have had them come in so bad that they went past the hook stage, and started looping around and growing into the foot. At that point you cant even use dog clippers since you cant get it on the nail

Uhhhh....

If its an improper setup, then it should not have hammocks or twine, or screen, the nails will catch on those things. As an aside, ive been called on for beardy issues, and have had the poor things with zero rocks to wear down the nails, and the poor things just constantly walk around on the carpet getting their nails caught during "yard time" and the owners didnt think anything was off.

If there is enough hard sticks etc to wear down the nails, they wont develop the hooks that catch on said screen/hammock/twine.

PS. I have had a dog grooming business in the basement for the last 30 years. Ive had plenty of "we dont know how feefee ripped her nail out" yet all the rest of the nails are way too long and developed hooks. We have had them come in so bad that they went past the hook stage, and started looping around and growing into the foot. At that point you cant even use dog clippers since you cant get it on the nail
Dude you realize usually a Cham grows out of screen climbing they will still do it a lil but not much and twine or hammocks pull out way more nails then screen enclosures and most or atleast good dog owners know to clip their dogs nails and chameleons nails I’m pretty sure they usually don’t grow back not 💯 on that tho. But its easy for a Cham to lose nails on a hammock or twine so why not just remove them

Back
Top Bottom