New Enclosure

Muffin28

Helloooo,

Just wanted to see if my enclosure is up to par for a 2.5 month male veiled chameleon. This is a 24x24x48 mesh cage. Heat lamp up top along with a 22” Arcadia 6% bulb.

Please let me know if anything should be added or removed.

P.S - I have some wood branches on the way that I plan on hanging horizontally. I also have a mistking set to arrive this Wednesday ! :)

C6D0372B-8BD2-4721-B50C-B29E0DE01E48.jpeg
F08D1956-C4B7-4CF0-9203-D81C286D7BD1.jpeg

Is that a fake plant at the top?? If so you should really remove that and replace it with a real plant because veileds will eat their plants, and fake ones can cause an impaction.
Other than that I don’t see anything really... but others may but yeah that’s really the only thing I would say.

Hi. It looks pretty good. You do need to add some more horizontal branches though...especially about 9” below your basking light. I know it’s difficult to hand plants without something like a support/scaffold structure, but if you could add a pothos, that would be a beautiful replacement for the fake leaves. My only concern is if you have a strong plant light for that beautiful hibiscus. They have very high light needs. I use one of these and so far, it’s been enough. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TKKG8Q3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This may help give you some ideas.

Hi. It looks pretty good. You do need to add some more horizontal branches though...especially about 9” below your basking light. I know it’s difficult to hand plants without something like a support/scaffold structure, but if you could add a pothos, that would be a beautiful replacement for the fake leaves. My only concern is if you have a strong plant light for that beautiful hibiscus. They have very high light needs. I use one of these and so far, it’s been enough. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TKKG8Q3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This may help give you some ideas.

Thanks! I might just have to invest in some dragonstrand ledges, seems like the easiest fix

And I will definitely pick up a golden Pothos. It’s on the list. ✅

If I move over the heat lamp to the right side where the branch is do you think that might be enough light for the hibiscus and a good basking spot for my veiled chameleon?

Thanks! I might just have to invest in some dragonstrand ledges, seems like the easiest fix

And I will definitely pick up a golden Pothos. It’s on the list. ✅

If I move over the heat lamp to the right side where the branch is do you think that might be enough light for the hibiscus and a good basking spot for my veiled chameleon?
Lighting is definitely not my strong point. As I understand it, plant grow lights are a different spectrum from the other lights that we use. Unfortunately basking and uvb lights aren’t enough to keep a hibiscus alive.
You can move your basking light over to the branch for now or use one of the bendy vines you have for a basking spot.

Back
Top Bottom