New Enclosure??

Trixie&Coyle

Hey! Im looking at getting this enclosure, I was wondering everyone’s opinion/suggestions on it?? It’s $350 so I wanna make sure it’s worth it. It’s for my male veiled. Thanks in advance!
9D15FB16-51BE-49B0-859F-7342636E7BB2.png
F9EC5634-7EAC-45E4-84D4-AFF9BCE05083.png
95D232C0-F2C8-4C1D-B8AC-4BC2198A0878.png

Hi there. While I think it is really pretty.... Might be a bit shallow in depth if you have a big male Veiled. But if you like it this is what I would make sure of... The inside actual dimensions. The UVB lighting you want to know if it is a t5HO fixture and bulb. If it is a compact bulb with housing you would have to modify the top of the cabinet for a T5HO linear fixture with uvb bulb. Also is the heat bulb inside the cabinet? If so that is a thermal burn waiting to happen for a cham.

That's a good price for a nice looking enclosure, first off! At a glance, it looks adequate to me.

It's like a Mac computer, sleek and all ready to go for you. On the same analogy, I think this enclosure would be difficult to modify if needed.

As Beman said, check the lighting it comes with, and the space that the chameleon has to roam around is really important. If these aren't right immediately, you will want new equipment and modifications. Making modifications quickly is a bonus of having a piece-by-piece sort of enclosure. As a novice cham keeper, and having bought an 'all-in-one-kit-which-will-not-be-mentioned', I have been making a lot of modifications as I learn more about how to better care for them. I've replaced almost everything from that kit in the last few months (as my cham has grown as well), therefore I have a bit of equipment lying around now that doesn't benefit my cham.

In sum, this kinda looks too good to be true to me. And all-in-one deals like this have not worked out in my experience. Unless you need something now, I would research every aspect of what your chameleon needs and draw up a plan that works best for your cham and you. It could end up looking like this! :)

The inside dimensions are 30”x15”x45” is that too shallow ?

I have the T5HO linear fixture/uvb bulb that I would use

And if the light/heat bulbs are not already screened off, I’d make sure to do so

To be clear, if I had built ground up from the beginning, I would have saved money. The right set up costs more than $350. So I would not recommend buying this if you want to ensure the best care for your cham.

I don't know enough about your chameleon to answer that.

I have the T5HO linear fixture/uvb bulb that I would use

And if the light/heat bulbs are not already screened off, I’d make sure to do so
So from what I can see it does not look like they screened the top so this will make it a modification to place lighting. 15 inches is shallow for a male also you will want many more branches. I know it’s planted but is it fully bio active?

Back
Top Bottom