new enclosure(pics included)

titan501x

heres my new enclosure that i built over the weekend.
IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

Very nice.
You're going to have fun filling it with plants!

-Brad

thanks! yea, filling it with plants is gonna be kinda expensive, but, hopefully not, i'm going to home depot today to return some wood i didn't use and get some plants. I've got some pothos cuttings in the bottom of the enclosure(you can see them in the picture) that i hope will help fill in the enclosure better after a few months, but first i gotta get some bigger pots for them.

do u have a drainage system in tht setup.looks nice wish i cud build like tht.prob cud do it if i tried lol dnt trust meself lol alan

do u have a drainage system in tht setup.looks nice wish i cud build like tht.prob cud do it if i tried lol dnt trust meself lol alan

well, i don't really have a drainage system, i don't need it right now, i can mist quite abit and not have to worry about water getting on my floor.

That’s kick-ass sea bass. Is that a plastic floor? If so setting a simple drainage system would be easy. Just need cut hole out with a holes saw, glue in some window screen to keeper feeders in, glue a small funnel right under it and have it drain into tupper ware like container. Really nice, just needs to be filled in more. I would also utilize those top braces more by affixing some fake plastic vines to them … it will be a quick way to add some front cover.

-roo

That’s kick-ass sea bass. Is that a plastic floor? If so setting a simple drainage system would be easy. Just need cut hole out with a holes saw, glue in some window screen to keeper feeders in, glue a small funnel right under it and have it drain into tupper ware like container. Really nice, just needs to be filled in more. I would also utilize those top braces more by affixing some fake plastic vines to them … it will be a quick way to add some front cover.

-roo
acually, the bottom is made of dricore floor things(http://www.dricore.com/en/eIndex.aspx) its made of a single tile 24" by 24", and it is on tracks so it slides right out for easy cleaning. I'll get some pics posted soon. i'm planing on getting some more plants today, maybe some hanging vining plants, and a few small "tree" like plants.

Back
Top Bottom