New Enclosure!! Opinions please

Larissa132

I'm new here but wanted to post a picture and see if you guys think this enclosure looks good or not! Currently have a 3-4 month(from what the vet guessed, pet store had no information) female veiled cham.

Attachments

• 20210902_102021.jpg
    20210902_102021.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210902_102044.jpg
    20210902_102044.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20210902-102332_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210902-102332_Gallery.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 74
The cage looks great! As far as I can see, most of the plants are live plants. Veileds will munch on the leaves, so if you have any fake ones I would remove them. If not already, there should also be a laybin at the bottom. Also, what kind of lights are you using? What is your supplement schedule?

The cage looks great! As far as I can see, most of the plants are live plants. Veileds will munch on the leaves, so if you have any fake ones I would remove them. If not already, there should also be a laybin at the bottom. Also, what kind of lights are you using? What is your supplement schedule?
Without d3 6 days a week than multi vitamin the 7th day every 2 weeks and the next week rotate between with d3 on the 7th day! I have a 60w basking light(white) and a

Reptisun 5.0 UVB for the uvb light.​

Without d3 6 days a week than multi vitamin the 7th day every 2 weeks and the next week rotate between with d3 on the 7th day! I have a 60w basking light(white) and a

Reptisun 5.0 UVB for the uvb light.​

Her basking spot sits at 85 during the day and laying bin is in the back right hand corner!

The picture of her was from her old cage but she's in the one pictured above now with all the live plants and all that good stuff!

What is your misting schedule? How do you mist? What's your drainage situation? What feeders and amounts do you feed?

Everything looks great. You're doing an awesome job!!! Just remove those fake plants...I believe she still has enough coverage without them.

It appears you should add smaller diameter branches so that she will be able to wrap around them rather then just walking flat on them.

What is your misting schedule? How do you mist? What's your drainage situation? What feeders and amounts do you feed?

Everything looks great. You're doing an awesome job!!! Just remove those fake plants...I believe she still has enough coverage without them.
I mist 2 times a day. 30 minutes before lights and 30 minutes after for around 2-3 minutes. The dripper is constantly going on her plants in the back all day and all night. I live in south dakota so it's pretty dry here, I run a fogger 6 hours every night starting at midnight to 6 in 30 minute intervals.
Thanks for the tips on the plants. Will get the fake ones out of there!

I mist 2 times a day. 30 minutes before lights and 30 minutes after for around 2-3 minutes. The dripper is constantly going on her plants in the back all day and all night. I live in south dakota so it's pretty dry here, I run a fogger 6 hours every night starting at midnight to 6 in 30 minute intervals.
Thanks for the tips on the plants. Will get the fake ones out of there!
Draining system is a shower curtain around the cage and holed drilled in the middle on the bottom. I have a bucket underneath that and a drip pan under the whole rack!

Currently feeding her 10-15 crickets a day, and occasionally some wax worms and maybe a hornworm or 2 a week!

It is important with females when they reach sexual maturity to keep their basking temp at 80 and limit their feeders to 4 feeders 2 or 3 days a week. This will keep their egg clutch size down or keep them from laying eggs at all and thus prolong their life. Welcome by the way! She’s beautiful and it sounds like your doing great! We’re glad you’re here!

Back
Top Bottom