new enclosure need feedback!

I fixed my panthers cage today and was wondering what people think!

And additional question is what do you do with sperm plugs?

Attachments

• CAM00146.jpg
    CAM00146.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 168
  • CAM00147.jpg
    CAM00147.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 177
Cage looks great!
Sperm plugs- are they expelled? if so then just wipe them up and throw them away.
A stuck sperm plug is a whole different ball game :)

Can you post pics of it. If it is for sure a sperm plug then he will hopefully expel it when he poops. Mine usually just rub them off when they are walking around. If that doesn't work then you can try spraying water on his rear end and then gently pulling on it from side to side until it comes off. You should continue to spray water on it while you are trying the help it out. We had one that recently had a stuck sperm plug and when I tried to pull on it, it started to bring out his hemipene so I just left it alone and said I would give him another day and then take him to a vet if I had to. He ended up pooping it out by the next morning.

plugs

A little sugar water or non flavored non heated ky. It will make things better in a short period of time (couple hours) usually and hopefully. Pull the plug out gently. Then i lube him up. If hemipenes are out, probably out to get to vet.

A little sugar water or non flavored non heated ky. It will make things better in a short period of time (couple hours) usually and hopefully. Pull the plug out gently. Then i lube him up. If hemipenes are out, probably out to get to vet.

Hmm... Sugar water & KY for a stuck sperm plug?? I have never heard of that one... I think you are thinking of a prolapse.

Here's the best picture I have. I typically do not photograph sperm of any kind lol I do nothing with them. My chams have always handled the situation themselves. If your having issues though, like stated, warm water or a shower should remedy the issue

image.jpg

As for your enclosure! Looks great! Have you alway had your scheff under the basking lamp? I always assumed the heat would kill it and/or my cham would get too close and burn. Love the way your enclosure looks though!!

Very nice! The only thing I would suggest is a branch running parallel underneath the UVB light. Otherwise, beautifully planted and outfitted! :D

thank you :p and yeah i left him alone for about 5 minutes and it came out on its own. Plus now that he knows the route to get out to the free roam area hes constantly trying to get out :D

Back
Top Bottom