New enclosure/mistking?

JuniorC

Avid Member
Ok cham fam, as I have mentioned before I've been doing my homework and going to be purchasing a veiled juvenile off FL chams once everything is up and ready for my new guy. Currently have his reptibreeze medium cage ready but going to be starting a custom build. I'm really leaning towards investing in a mistking since it will be a bigger enclosure that way I can keep humidity levels up. So 2 questions first would you guys really recommend the mistking and 2nd any recommendations as far as waterproofing the wood/enclosure and details around that

You can’t go wrong with a Mistking, I wouldn’t wait till you build your custom cage to get one. Get it now it will make life so much easier then having to hand spray. And for caging I personally would go with Dragon Strand Atrium Series instead of dealing with building my own.

+1 for a MistKing. I don't have any experience custom building cages, so can't offer help for question #2.

A common mistake is setting up a MistKing timer so I'll leave this video here for reference in the future:

Last edited:
Ok cham fam, as I have mentioned before I've been doing my homework and going to be purchasing a veiled juvenile off FL chams once everything is up and ready for my new guy. Currently have his reptibreeze medium cage ready but going to be starting a custom build. I'm really leaning towards investing in a mistking since it will be a bigger enclosure that way I can keep humidity levels up. So 2 questions first would you guys really recommend the mistking and 2nd any recommendations as far as waterproofing the wood/enclosure and details around that

Mist King Yes,

Sealant Pond Armor. https://www.amazon.com/Pond-Armor-S...1_2?keywords=pond+armor&qid=1580832990&sr=8-2

All im going to say is do not put him directly into your enclosure. Setup a second very basic quarantine enclosure and a get a fecal to make sure he's clear, to avoid having to deal with parasites in his permanent home..

All im going to say is do not put him directly into your enclosure. Setup a second very basic quarantine enclosure and a get a fecal to make sure he's clear, to avoid having to deal with parasites in his permanent home..
Yeah I've read on that. So my question, its obviously better safe then sorry but would the fecal test be a big of a problem to get done if I'm getting from a known breeder like FL Chams?

They closed? Was there a reason?

Idk about closed per se. Hiatus maybe?

Didn't give one, this was a few years back. There site was still up, orders wouldn't process, no replies to emails, just kind of disappeared.

May have been a family emergency or something, they appear to be up and running again.

Yes to mist king! I love mine so much I just bought a second one for my other room and have it misting my stick insects, snails, and anoles. They are so great, you’ll be very happy you got one.

I would actually be interested to see if other flchams customers received chams with coccidia.

Last edited:
Yeah I've read on that. So my question, its obviously better safe then sorry but would the fecal test be a big of a problem to get done if I'm getting from a known breeder like FL Chams?
Agree with @Ares05 and getting a fecal. As soon as the little guy poops bring it in. I had mine less than a month with a diagnosis of coccidia (4+ count). Could have been a fluke but at least if something happens within the health guarantee window you can notify them.

Edit: Yes to a mistking! I’ll never be without one lol!

I recieved one from the Jethro line almost 3 weeks ago. He looked thin when I got him but he eats as much as u put in front of him. He's looking better. Have heard alot of bad things from FL cham customers recently so I'm also skeptical

Attachments

• 20200131_185810.jpg
    20200131_185810.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 97
Back
Top Bottom