New Enclosure for T. johnstonii

Saldarya

Established Member
Evening All,

Another member posted his set up (which was very nice) and since I got some work done on mine today, thought I would share.

I think I am still going to add a couple of more horizontal branches, especially from the top left down, and add drippers. Would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks.

Bobby

Love it! Is that wood 2"x2"? I like how thin it looks. It does not block any viewable space.

Jason

What materials did you used for the frame?? I like it...is it strong? Where can i buy it? And what kind of screen did you used? how come I cant find it from home depot? Thanks...

Love it! Is that wood 2"x2"? I like how thin it looks. It does not block any viewable space.

Hey Jason, wood is 1x2 Pine Select, got it at HD. Very strong when put together as separate panels and then brought together. I have another thread in 'enclosures' that shows details.

Jason

What materials did you used for the frame?? I like it...is it strong? Where can i buy it? And what kind of screen did you used? how come I cant find it from home depot? Thanks...

See above. Screen is aluminum screen, charcoal color. Picked it up at HD where the screen doors and windows are.

Bobby

What's the material you are using for the drainage called? How exactly do you make drainage stands like those? :)

What's the material you are using for the drainage called? How exactly do you make drainage stands like those? :)

The Grey plastic you see is a PVC Shower liner. You can pick it up at Lowes in the shower section. Other than that, build a stand with a circumference a bit larger than the cage out of whatever wood. drape the liner over that as you see in the pic.

I then used a piece of 1x8 that went from front to back of the stand, cut a hole in that that will fit the shower drain. Cut the liner above the hole, then insert the drain through that.

Search my name for my cage build in this forum and I provide some pics.

Ask me any specific questions you may have.

Bobby

The Grey plastic you see is a PVC Shower liner. You can pick it up at Lowes in the shower section. Other than that, build a stand with a circumference a bit larger than the cage out of whatever wood. drape the liner over that as you see in the pic.

I then used a piece of 1x8 that went from front to back of the stand, cut a hole in that that will fit the shower drain. Cut the liner above the hole, then insert the drain through that.

Search my name for my cage build in this forum and I provide some pics.

Ask me any specific questions you may have.

Bobby

Okay what wood do you use? Just 2 x 4's?

Back
Top Bottom