New enclosure for Panther!

NessaH8185

My Lobi just turned 9 months & I finally moved him into his new adult enclosure, he seems to love it, only been a few days! Does it look ok to everyone? I switched to a zoomed 100watt power sun to eliminate having 2 bulbs, & my monsoon mister is working finally! Any suggestions to make it better, or does it look good?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 177
Looks nice. I would add some more foilage up near the top. Also, what kinds of temps are you getting under the powersun? We are not far from one another I see!

Thanks! Yes I actually just bought a plant tonight to hang in that upper corner, will wait till he's awake to put it in!
Yes we do live very close! I actually work on lake avenue! The power sun is getting about 85-86, so I'm not impressed yet. I might try moving it away about an inch to see if it will cover more area & heat up better. If not I'm going to switch back to 2 separate bulbs, but I like the nice yellow glow it has, instead of the bright white.

Is that a uvb bulb? I didn't see any other light. If its not then you will definitely need to add one.

Everything else looks great. I'm about to upgrade my chams enclosure too

I think the PowerSun bulb is supposed to be heat + UVB in one, but I'm skeptical of how that would work. Do they have different options for different reptiles? Some need more UVB than others. I'd be concerned that the UVB isn't strong enough.

One suggestion would be to move that little potho pole you have up closer to the light. My wife had a foot and a half tall candle holder that she did not use any more and I used it as a plant stand in the cage. The pothos pole grew like crazy and and provided more than enough foliage for the top. I have 6 cages with those pothos poles 4 are smaller ones like the one you have (they grow super quick tho) and 2 "giant pothos" poles which produce huge vines that are just under 3 feet tall and they are MAD. Constantly trimming them back. So I have 2 plants in mine as well just one raised and the other on the bottom. Plus with the pothos raised some of the vines will hang and my Sambava love to sleep hanging on them.

I was wondering about the all in one light! I still keep 2 tube UVB/6500+k and a separate heat source. Let us know how the light works out...

Is that a uvb bulb? I didn't see any other light. If its not then you will definitely need to add one.

Everything else looks great. I'm about to upgrade my chams enclosure too

The powersun is a mercury bulb that has the heat & UVB all in one, a lot of people recommended it so I wanted to give it a try.

One suggestion would be to move that little potho pole you have up closer to the light. My wife had a foot and a half tall candle holder that she did not use any more and I used it as a plant stand in the cage. The pothos pole grew like crazy and and provided more than enough foliage for the top. I have 6 cages with those pothos poles 4 are smaller ones like the one you have (they grow super quick tho) and 2 "giant pothos" poles which produce huge vines that are just under 3 feet tall and they are MAD. Constantly trimming them back. So I have 2 plants in mine as well just one raised and the other on the bottom. Plus with the pothos raised some of the vines will hang and my Sambava love to sleep hanging on them.

I was wondering about the all in one light! I still keep 2 tube UVB/6500+k and a separate heat source. Let us know how the light works out...

Awesome! Thanks! I will do that!

Back
Top Bottom