New enclosure for my veiled.

Jish an speedy

Here's my new custom built enclosure for speedy my veiled Cham.
I have to ad some more foliage.
Here's a pic
ezy5uhy9.jpg

de5u4ame.jpg

He if loving it all ready.

glass is bad for them I would at least have two sides with screen

my veiled loves looking at its own reflection.

As for a factual argument, 2 sides screen and 2 sides glass would be ideal for dry and warm/cool climates as they help retain humidity.

Depending on the weather your cham will experience this could either be a burden or a blessing.

Not all chams are freaked out by their reflections too... If they do get POed, wood panels or tile or w/e they call them work great. Keeping brighter lights shining through the glass will stop a lot of fine glare, you could polorize it, paint it, or my personal favorite;

spray foam the inside of the glass then shape it it as vines and rocks and trees and paint it with pet safe paint/stains. Most people follow up by hiding the pots of real plants into the strategically thick spots, making for a very vivarium type look.

Again, if it does not cause a problem, that cage looks freaking beautiful. By all means this is a masterpiece, assuming it is as functional as it is pretty.

Spray foam is dirt cheap too compared to the cost of waterproofing such a beautiful wood cabinet.

no problems, just solutions.

Very nicely built. Did you do it yourself? It looks very professional. I would suggest you consider replacing at least one side with screen to allow for a bit more airflow, and I agree that you need some more plants. Perhaps a tree like schefflera or ficus?

Oh, I forgot to address drainage and air flow. PC fans can be mounted into the ceiling blowing up past the lights. with the doors closed this should draw air up from the bottom and help dry things out. Screening 2 sides would be a great idea. IF you refuse, try the fans. Do not ever have a fan blowing directly at your cham. Fans should always draw air away from the enclosure

Thanks for every1s input but won't b changing any side panels.
As I have just moved him from a Exo terra and he get thrived in there.
I live in England so it's not the right weather to have screen sides.
It was built by sum1 I knw after telling them wat I wanted.

Thanks for every1s input but won't b changing any side panels.
As I have just moved him from a Exo terra and he thrived in there.
I live in England so it's not the right weather to have screen sides.
It was built by sum1 I knw after telling them wat I wanted.

my veiled loves looking at its own reflection.

As for a factual argument, 2 sides screen and 2 sides glass would be ideal for dry and warm/cool climates as they help retain humidity.

Depending on the weather your cham will experience this could either be a burden or a blessing.

Not all chams are freaked out by their reflections too... If they do get POed, wood panels or tile or w/e they call them work great. Keeping brighter lights shining through the glass will stop a lot of fine glare, you could polorize it, paint it, or my personal favorite;

spray foam the inside of the glass then shape it it as vines and rocks and trees and paint it with pet safe paint/stains. Most people follow up by hiding the pots of real plants into the strategically thick spots, making for a very vivarium type look.

Again, if it does not cause a problem, that cage looks freaking beautiful. By all means this is a masterpiece, assuming it is as functional as it is pretty.

Spray foam is dirt cheap too compared to the cost of waterproofing such a beautiful wood cabinet.

no problems, just solutions.

Hi there thanks for the great info I will defiantly look into that spray foam.
There's sum great ideas there.
Will keep this post updated with my progress on the drainage and the foam.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom