New enclosure and I need help.

ChiChamDude

So I got a repti breeze enclosure, dimensions are 24x24x48 and I think it's a little big for my 5-6 month old veiled. It might as well be a mansion compared to what he is in now (16x16x28, DIY).

Now I need to upgrade everything, can someone give me a heads up with a link to what light kit he would need that's beneficial for an enclosure of this size?

How heavy do I want to go with decorating it? I was gonna fill it with different kinds of artificial vines, regular thick rope from Menards or home depot, bamboo sticks that are zip tied together, and leaf/plant attachments that I would zig zag all over

Is more or less better?

It's not too big, it's actually about the minimum size you should have. Fill the cage, i definitely recommend using live plants. More is better. Check out lightyourreptiles for lighting.

So I got a repti breeze enclosure, dimensions are 24x24x48 and I think it's a little big for my 5-6 month old veiled. It might as well be a mansion compared to what he is in now (16x16x28, DIY).

Now I need to upgrade everything, can someone give me a heads up with a link to what light kit he would need that's beneficial for an enclosure of this size?

How heavy do I want to go with decorating it? I was gonna fill it with different kinds of artificial vines, regular thick rope from Menards or home depot, bamboo sticks that are zip tied together, and leaf/plant attachments that I would zig zag all over

Is more or less better?
This fixture is the best you can get IMO.

Has all the UVB you need, as well as plant lights to help live plants grow. Little pricey but the bulb will last a year. Also, it has a built in timer, as well as blue LEDs, which I have set to stay on for half hour after lights go out. It gives my guy some light to get to his sleeping spot. Plus, it looks cool.

http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/ho...ia-12-bulb-3-x-daylight-bulbs-built-in-timer/

I strongly recommend live plants. Your cham will love you for it and it'll help sustain humidity longer. Schefflera and pothos are both good. Give it plenty of shade so it can escape the lighting when it wants. Obviously you still need a basking light.

Stay away from bamboo. They're generally too slippery and make it hard for the cham to grip. Go outside and get a bunch of branches. Much cheaper and looks better IMO. Stay away from rope. That's just a breeding ground for bacteria.

Hi, if you are worried he is too small at this age for an adult enclosure I assure you this is not at all the case. So long as you provide plenty of cover for him he will love it. You can put a baby in a room sized enclosure (though might be hard to find it and check on the health of it). Just be sure to find plenty of cover and your guy will like the room

Back
Top Bottom