New china T5HO Brand

nightanole

Chameleon Enthusiast
Seen these today...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BN7G9J1Z/ref=emc_b_5_i?th=1
https://www.amazon.com/Aiicioo-UVB-Lighting-Combo-Kit/dp/B0BLVLTFZN

What is interesting is the bulbs say "made in china" which is the first time i have ever seen any T5HO (even nonreptile) not made from the magical factory in germany.

These are also marketed as repti-zoos
e69cd54a-27e4-4c47-9cb5-430d8101180e.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg

So far cant find any reviews on them or readings...

But hey at $45 for the whole thing, it might be a good alternative for the folks that some how dont have the extra $50-75 for a nice arcaid/reptisun. Its gotta be better than the dual CFL.

Seen these today...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BN7G9J1Z/ref=emc_b_5_i?th=1
https://www.amazon.com/Aiicioo-UVB-Lighting-Combo-Kit/dp/B0BLVLTFZN

What is interesting is the bulbs say "made in china" which is the first time i have ever seen any T5HO (even nonreptile) not made from the magical factory in germany.

These are also marketed as repti-zoos
View attachment 338375

So far cant find any reviews on them or readings...

But hey at $45 for the whole thing, it might be a good alternative for the folks that some how dont have the extra $50-75 for a nice arcaid/reptisun. It’s gotta be better than the dual CFL.
My thought is If you don’t have an extra $50.00 to $75.00 for proper lighting you won’t have $ for an unexpected vet bill either, so don’t buy a chameleon.

That sounded cold. Spending a lot of money on husbandry doesn’t make you a good owner. If this light works well enough to keep your chameleon healthy, that’s all that matters. But my statement remains, if you’re making the decision to spend $50.00 less on an item purely because you don’t have it, you have to really consider whether you’re capable of providing an environment and care necessary to protect the animal’s best interests

My thought is If you don’t have an extra $50.00 to $75.00 for proper lighting you won’t have $ for an unexpected vet bill either, so don’t buy a chameleon.

That sounded cold. Spending a lot of money on husbandry doesn’t make you a good owner. If this light works well enough to keep your chameleon healthy, that’s all that matters. But my statement remains, if you’re making the decision to spend $50.00 less on an item purely because you don’t have it, you have to really consider whether you’re capable of providing an environment and care necessary to protect the animal’s best interests
I agree with both of your statements... I have more money than I care to admit in Beman's cage. But I would rather spend more on proven items than save $20 on something that does not have the track record.

This hobby is expensive. No matter how you do it it is going to cost far more than a person realizes. But husbandry for them is so important to them living... Not just living a healthy life.

So yes knowing what you are getting is important... And it is why I have not recommended this fixture. Because I have no personal experience testing it and it does not have a long standing reputation like zoomed or arcadia bulbs do.

Can we all agree its at least better than an a cfl that cost the same? The hood is the same one arcadia commissions(yes arcadia hoods are made in china), just with a slight connector change so you cant daisy chain. They may be perfectly fine to use. We just need to find someone to buy one and loan them a meter :)

Doing a meta analysis of the hoods and bulbs, i found one person who uses those color change cards that noted very little output. But there are plenty of "improvement" reviews when the user replaced the cfl or T8 with these.

As beman stated, i still cant find one review that says "puts out 3.0 uvi at XXX distance".

Last edited:
Can we all agree its at least better than an a cfl that cost the same? The hood is the same one arcadia commissions(yes arcadia hoods are made in china), just with a slight connector change so you cant daisy chain. They may be perfectly fine to use. We just need to find someone to buy one and loan them a meter :)
I vote you to do it! For science!

I agree anything is better than a cfl... Just hate unknown uvb bulbs.

Chams keeping is not a hobby to me it's a lifestyle. It's expensive I know but we need proof that it actually works. I switched to Arcadia bulbs because the cost was worth it for the length of time they last. Just my two cents

Chams keeping is not a hobby to me it's a lifestyle. It's expensive I know but we need proof that it actually works. I switched to Arcadia bulbs because the cost was worth it for the length of time they last. Just my two cents

I switched to the T5HO just due to the length of time. I run both (depending on sale price) and cant tell the difference. i will say I got 6 years out of my last arcadia before it dropped from 3.0 new to 1.0. And after close to ten years my first reptisun finally died, 3 years as a UVB and 6ish years as a 6500k. Honestly my hood connectors or ballast die before the bulbs do :p

I always stick to the products and brands that are tried and tested , I'm all on for saving money , but not at the expense of my pets , if someone is trying to save money on a chameleon lol think again

On the Facebook group called Reptile Lighting, Thomas Griffiths compared ReptiZoo's products with other mainstream brands. Link to it for download: https://bit.ly/3GdVQyp

Interesting. So they say its good. They "think" it "might" be high on deeper uvb, but had zero way to test. Then they go on a tangent about it may have UVC based on drop off from the bulb, saying the solar 6.5 can be tricked by UVC. Yet in the link to the german shows the sensitivity curve of the 6.5, which drops off like a rock once it goes into deep uvb, let alone uvc.

However they did link to a german that did have spectrometer. That test showed a slight biased to deeper UVB vs Deeper UVA, vs "perfect balance". This is what i was guessing to, as everyone will have a slightly different bias in one color direct or another, because you only get one UVB phosphor, and the mix is always going to be slightly different manufacture to manufacture. And the test with the uvc meters showed zero output.

https://www.licht-im-terrarium.de/_...kCfZKuNt9Kqvq9oiUbvnXtl-umHpmUQbJ4nMF4ZEfm2SI

Back
Top Bottom